“Poor Security” 1 of 5 stars
Review of San Diego Vacation Cottages

San Diego Vacation Cottages
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Diego
San Diego Vacation Cottages
You added San Diego Vacation Cottages to your Saves list
“Poor Security”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2004

We stayed at the Old Town property owned by San Diego Cottages from 08/27 -08/29 and were robbed of almost $7000 worth of stuff. The worst part was that the robbery occured at 11pm and we didn't have any management in the cottage till the next day at noon...!! Very poor service indeed. I would not recommend this place...and if you do stay there, remember there are no safes in the cottages so carry all your valuables with you.

• Stayed August 2004

Couples
Solo
Business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2004

I stayed at the cottages on Ocean Beach and loved the place. It was a really relaxing time for my family as the location was one block from the beautiful beach there, there was a heated hot tub, that my kids loved as well. The cottages were really clean and the reception staff gave us fun ideas to do in San Diego. The Australian gal, Victoria, was so funny and friendly and made our visit here so great. I would recommmend this place to everyone !!!!!

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2003

San Diego Vacation Cottages offers three locations: The Beach Cottages, The Old Town Cottages and Las Fuentes. I'm only reviewing Las Fuentes.The reason I'm giving these cottages one star is because they are right off the freeway. I mean, right off the freeway, like 10 yards away. The noise from the freeway is unbelievable. I find it hard to imagine anyone actually being able to sleep here, it's so loud. The cottages also aren't close enough to Old Town to be able to to walk to restaurants and shopping.To be fair, the cottages do look like the pictures inside and are pretty cute, but being inside doesn't block out the freeway noise. And it doesn't make up for the fact that nowhere on the website does it say that you're practically in the middle of I-5!Not exactly the relaxing San Diego location I was looking forward to. I ended up going to the Best Western Hacienda which was only $20 more a night and was actually in Old Town.The people were nice about me checking out, although I did still have to pay about half. Maybe their other locations are nice, but I would definately avoid this place. And I think they really should be more truthful about the location of this place.

15 Thank A TripAdvisor Member