“Will not come back anymore!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - San Diego - Mission Valley - Stadium

Extended Stay America - San Diego - Mission Valley - Stadium
Ranked #218 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Singapore, Singapore
“Will not come back anymore!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

Smelly pillow and I wonder when was the last time they changed a new set of pillow? Stinky corridor! Furthermore no daily housekeeping provided! We have booked two nights stay but I can't wait to move out after one night! It's an awful experience and I will not go back again!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank su80

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Yuba City
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

Recently stayed at this hotel with my husband & parents. We were in the area for a family gathering. The hotel was in good condition and the staff was great. Everyone we talked to was friendly and accomodating for the most part. I will point out that this hotel is definitely based on it's name...Extended Stay. In the future, I would not stay here for a short trip. It's definitely meant to be for folks staying longer periods of time. I loved that there was a full fridge, small stove, desk, free wifi, etc...everything you would need in a home away from home. But, the downside is that they don't really have daily maid service and you have to get new towels yourself from the front desk, which is fine. I just wasn't expecting that. They also do not have hair dryers in the room. That was problem since we didn't pack one. Also be mindful that not every Extended Stay America has the ammenities that they list on the website. This location does not have a gym, pool or really any of the extras that they list on the website (they DO have a laundry room). I didn't really have time to use any of those, but it would have been nice to know that they weren't available since my mom wanted to work out and swim. The website also said that they had remodeled the rooms. I think they must have just replaced the beds becuase mine was like sleeping on a piece of wood with a cotton ball over it. It was so hard and I prefer a softer mattress. If you like a firm bed, this is definitely a place for you. My only actual valid complaint is that the room was not cleaned or maintained very well. When I went to use the bathroom, the top of the toilet was covered with dust that was caked on with hairspray. I had to wet one of our towels to clean it off. In addition someone previously had spilled their coffee (I'm assuming it was coffee) and it splattered all over the door to the bathroom...I know this becuase I ended up cleaning it off the door. And the floor was not cleaned well. I would walk around for a short bit and then have really dirty feet. My parents bathroom sink was missing the drain plug which resulted in my mom's watch going down the drain when it fell off. We called the front desk for help and we were told that maintenance was not available every day and there was nothing they could do. Luckily we had some florists wire and we were able to use some to fish it out. My parents also had to have their room keys replaced 3 times becuase they stopped working. Don't get me wrong, this isn't a bad hotel by any means and if I had to be in San Diego for an extended period of time, I would definitely consider staying here again. We just ran into minor issues but we were able to fix them easily.

Room Tip: King rooms are only a little more each night and they are a lot bigger... Opt for a king room if you...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Fauneil
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Mission Valley - Stadium, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. Thank you for your kind words about our friendly, accommodating staff and all of the amenities our hotel has to offer. Still, I am sincerely sorry that the level of cleanliness in your room was not in line with our company's standards. In response, I have discussed your comments with the team, and we are focusing on improving our cleaning procedures and inspection policies to ensure a situation like yours does not happen again.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at skm@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Hopewell Jct, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

I stayed here entirely based on location. I was visiting someone who lived less then a half mile away so it worked perfect. The extended stay concept is something I enjoy for accommodations. It's nice to have a kitchen with fridge and stove to eat in or as in my case have a light breakfast without going out every day. The room was comfortable and there were extra pillows and blankets in the closet. (I always want an extra pillow.)
I would have given a higher score, but there were a few negatives.
1) Fridge was squeezed in so tight into room layout that the door only opened half way. It would pinch/hit the wall. Annoying wen that bottle of water rolls to the back and you can't reach it.
2)Carpet was stained...I hate dirty carpets.
3) We were told you get housekeeping once a week. I was there 8 nights...never saw them in my room.
4)I was in a room right near the garbage cans. Lots of noise when people would pass by and drop trash. Also...there is a serious homeless problem in the area, and several times there was noise from homeless people rummaging through the trash.

Staff was very friendly and helpful, plenty of parking, easy to get to.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank semma2007
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

This is a great value and a very convenient location. We have dogs and my Mom is in a wheelchair, so there are few choices - Motel 6 at the low end and Residence Inn by Marriott at the high end. This is by far the best value - much better than Motel 6!! The staff here is friendly and responsive. Great hospitality. Highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It's great to hear that our staff was so responsive, which made your stay even better. We truly enjoyed having you and your Mom visit with us, and are glad we were able to accommodate her needs.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

I stayed at the Extended Stay for three months while I was temporarily in San Diego. My stay there was excellent and the service was great! The staff was very friendly and helpful with my needs. The room was very clean and comfortable. I highly recommend this hotel to travelers for any length of stay!

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

Mr, & Mrs.Brian & Susan Hackley are corresponding to whom it may concern: Management of Extended stay,front desk staff & housecleaning. Our stay to this point has been an exemplary experience of professionalism,courtesy & kindness. The place is also well-kept quiet and very clean. In particular , we were impressed with the professionalism & kindness of Tanya Gonzalez (Mgr.) who made our budget work by extending our very competitive rate here at Extended Stay. Nayeli & Pavel have also been of great assistance during our stay here and are to be commended. Maria in housecleaning is excellent and we would like to thank you all for helping to make our stay here a very pleasant stay. be assured we will recommend you to our friends and return ourselves.
Sincerely, Brian & Susan Hackley Extended Stay America 3860 Murphy Canyon Rd. Rm. 311 San Diego

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Susan H
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Mission Valley - Stadium, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such great things about your current stay. I'm thrilled that we are able to provide you with great customer service and above all, a great experience.

Once more, thank you for posting your review.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

My stay at Extended Stay America Murphy Canyon Rd, San Diego, was extremely delightful. The Hosts are very very friendly and accommodating. They are very willing to help you with whatever you need. My air conditioner needed attention and they were right on it. No waiting. The same with the bathroom sink

The place is very quiet, no freeway noise, no partying noise, and no thin walls to hear other people all the time. My view out my window is of the hillside and pine trees which is very serene.

This hotel has been remodeled and has nice flooring , Flat screen TVs, a fully applianced kitchen, and a very large bathroom with lots of counter space and under counter shelving for storage.

They worked with me on the rates because I am a traveling medical professional, and the rates were very good and is tax exempt after 32 days. They also accept pets which saved me a lot of time of shopping around.

My family stayed with me on a weekend and there was no extra charge which tells me that they are not just after every dime they can get out of you like some places are, but care about you and being willing to make your stay pleasant.

Also, It was only three miles from my work, and I didn't have to get on the freeway.

The managers are very friendly and helpful. Everyone here always has a smile and are so respectful. The housekeeping staff are also very helpful and friendly.

I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a nice, quiet and cost effective place to stay!!! with very very friendly staff!

Room Tip: You might request a room on the north side. There you can see the hillside and greenery and still ha...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Mission Valley - Stadium, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you so much for the extremely kind words about your stay with us. We're thrilled that you found our hotel to be such a comfortable and quiet location while you working at the medical center. If you are going to be back in San Diego working again, we hope that you choose Extended Stay Hotels.