“Excellent, unique breakfast items” 5 of 5 stars

Snooze
Ranked #10 of 4,537 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American, Gluten Free
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Breakfast marks the beginning of a new day. At Snooze, we believe life is for living and each person and each day is worth celebrating. Our mantra: it only takes a moment to make a difference. From the day we were born, our people - Snoozers - have led the way serving creative twists on America's favorite breakfast classics in a casual, friendly and vibrant atmosphere. The passion of our Snoozers is contagious. Over the past 8+ years it has inspired Snooze fans of all ages across the country.
California
“Excellent, unique breakfast items”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

Absolutely loved the food here! We arrived around 10:15 am on a Saturday and had to wait about an hour for a table (they will text you when it's ready, so you can walk around Hillcrest shops to kill time). We shared a single cinnamon roll pancake (super sweet and giant), then I had the Spuds deluxe (hash browns with melted cheese on top, to which I added chorizo and roasted garlic) and my husband had the Green Eggs N' Hamwich. The portions were large and the flavor was great on everything. I definitely would like to come back to try some of the other pancake flavors. The staff was friendly and fast also. Prior to this visit, I loved the Broken Yolk best for breakfast - but this has now won as my new favorite when I'm in San Diego.

• Visited August 2014

• Korean first
Boston, Massachusetts
“Amazing breakfast- so worth the wait!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

We found Snooze in the San Diego tourist guidebooks.... we were deciding between Snooze and another breakfast place down the road from it- but Snooze got our attention first and foremost because the description said it was the place locals frequented. We arrived midday- around noonish, and managed to park in the meter right in front of the restaurant. There was a 45 minute wait, as is the norm, apparently. It was nice though, that they take your phone number and text you when to come back that way 1. the storefront isn't overcrowded and 2. you can walk around while you wait. There were 2 of us and after the wait, we were seated at a great booth. Our server was Taylor, and she was amazing- offered recommendations, joked around, was just overall friendly, laid back and helpful. My boyfriend wanted the breakfast pot pie but because of allergy issues, steered clear and went for eggs, bacon and potatoes... their version of breakfast potatoes is delicious- it's like it's cooked in a little cast iron, and peppered perfectly. The most stand out part of his dish, for me, was the jam that came with the bread. I started to eat it with a fork... when Taylor noticed she told us all about how it's a local company and the flavors that they serve change as the maker chooses new in-season fruits. I had the pancake sampler- with the pineapple upside down, strawberry malt and sweet potato. If I could eat that pineapple upside down pancake every day, I would. I loved the sampler, they offered smaller pancakes side by side and were the perfect size. When our food arrived, we took pictures which prompted another server to run over and say "picture worthy! That's what we love!". It was nice to be in a fun environment where the food is not only superb, but the staff loves being there. We would have returned for a second visit in our week long trip if we didn't start our days so late on vacation time, and with Snooze being "an AM eatery", they close at 2pm.... that's an us problem though, so it's on our must-do list if we visit SD again.

• Visited July 2014
Salinas, California
“You Won't Snooze Through Breakfast at This Terrific Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

If you love breakfast, high tail it to the Hillcrest section north of downtown San Diego to Snooze.
Their unique pancakes, including the Pineapple Upside Down version, are not to be missed. I tried a sinful egg dish; a large plate of hash browns mixed with veggies and bacon topped by egg(s). Yum!!! The service was attentive, friendly and fast. A bright and airy dining room with a 60's color scheme (soft pastels) along with music from the era creates a great atmosphere and will put you in a great mood to start your day. Snooze is very popular and you could be in for a wait, even during the week.... After all, Snooze ranks in the Trip Advisor top ten for all 4,000 restaurants in the city of San Diego!!!

• Visited August 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Vacation breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

Was looking for a good breakfast place while on vacation, checked out yelp, first place that came up was snooze. Perfect suggestion, we went there three times on a 6 day vacation, clearly we loved it. I had the breakfast pot pie, the pineapple upside down cakes, and the Juan breakfast tacos with barbacoa... I would recommend any of them. Going back to SD in September, snooze will be our first breakfast stop

Miller place
“Must try”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

This breakfast was delicious! ! We had the pancakes sampler. Every one was superb. Highly recommend! !