“Good food”

Snooze
Ranked #12 of 4,848 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Breakfast marks the beginning of a new day. At Snooze, we believe life is for living and each person and each day is worth celebrating. Our mantra: it only takes a moment to make a difference. From the day we were born, our people - Snoozers - have led the way serving creative twists on America's favorite breakfast classics in a casual, friendly and vibrant atmosphere. The passion of our Snoozers is contagious. Over the past 10+ years it has inspired Snooze fans of all ages across the country.
Reviewed April 3, 2014

We love the food, the veggie burito and omelette plus pancakes were good.
The music in the restaurant was very loud to our ear, so we noticed because of the loud music, customers talked loud to hear each other.
Since we like the food, maybe we just order to go next time.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

We flew into San Diego and went right to Snooze for an excellent breakfast. This casual and popular breakfast restaurant is Zagat rated and uses good quality and local ingredients. Great food and lots of choices for everyone!

Reviewed March 25, 2014

A recent import from Denver, this breakfast-lunch restaurant has caught fire in San Diego. This may be one of the most creative menus we have ever seen. The best part is that every entree is DELICIOUS! This is not the place to go for a quick meal, or a formal dining experience. There is almost always a wait for a table (we said it was popular!) . We say it is well worth the wait. Nick, the manager, circulates to be sure that every diner gets served according to standards. The servers all have creative nicknames to add to the fun. There is a bar, but the attraction for us is the great food. The reality is that Snooze does NOT describe your experience -- "lively" is a better description!

Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

When an older gentleman in a Hawaiian shirt gives you directions to somewhere to eat, we generally take the advice with some caution (not that anyone in a Hawaiian shirt has give me directions before)

Anyway - he was not wrong. Snooze was incredible. Staff who genuinely care, a very funky building, barista coffee, and the best eggs we had. Anywhere. Hands down.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Wow, Breakfast is my favorite meal, hands down, so today I had the time to explore and WOW.
This is one of those high ceiling, wall of glass, neuvo 50's kind of place, cheerful colors, but not too bright. The music was to my boomer liking and not too loud (A complaint someone else made) Booths are a plenty in various configurations. First I had the warmest greating from a cute short haired blond waitress who was first rate, she made me feel right at home, having a hard time making a choice, so many things to come back and try. I settled on the Breakfast Pot Pie I had read about and I was SOOOO glad I made this choice. I love gravy for breakfast,
especially savory gravy. I usually like sage, but this sausage, rosemary with carrots (yes, I did not think I would like carrots for breakfast) Now this was different beacuse instead of being poured over a chicken fried steak, the gravy was poured over a puff pastry,very light and flaky with an egg (I added a second egg, they should just make it two eggs...) It includes a nice portion of hash browns. Hash browns also had some savoryness to them. Now, my waitress brought me out a present, a pancake to die for those who like maple, cinnamon, apple pie, wow, that was an unbelievable treat and just the tip of the iceberg on the pancake selection they have. I am also a benedict fan and I want to come back and try the selection they have. I arrived about 7:30 on a Friday morning and it there was a choice of booths everywhere, but by 8:30 when I left, it was hopping ! So, I got my meal, with an extra egg and coffee for $14, I fealt was a great value and a very satisying and enjoyable meal. If I lived in Hillcrest or North Park, I would come here all the time.