“great food, but bring ear plugs”
Review of Snooze

Snooze
Ranked #15 of 4,960 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Breakfast marks the beginning of a new day. At Snooze, we believe life is for living and each person and each day is worth celebrating. Our mantra: it only takes a moment to make a difference. From the day we were born, our people - Snoozers - have led the way serving creative twists on America's favorite breakfast classics in a casual, friendly and vibrant atmosphere. The passion of our Snoozers is contagious. Over the past 10+ years it has inspired Snooze fans of all ages across the country.
Reviewed March 2, 2014

A friend took me to Snooze last week. Loved the food. Friendly, enthusiastic waiter. So many exciting dishes to try from that I came back the next day for more. BUT, as one reviewer said, "you could just pay somebody to come in and scream in your ear the whole time". The wonderful food and friendly staff were eclipsed by the fact that you can't hold a conversation or hear anyone at your table. When I politely mentioned to the manager on duty that I loved his restaurant and thought the food was great, but that they might want to tone down the music just a smidge, I got a rude "Well, that's our concept".

1  Thank laddiesgirl
Write a ReviewReviews (1,005)

Reviewed March 1, 2014

A beautiful open concept restaurant that has a convertible front. Portions were more than satisfying (the breakfast burrito is massive!!). They do get really busy and at times the service suffers, but what can you do when you have a hit on your hands? Be patient and enjoy some drinks with brunch :D

1  Thank Eric C
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

This place has such a great feel along with great food! Our server was very pleasant and the pancake flight is a perfect plate to share to try Snooze's delicious pancakes!

Reviewed February 10, 2014

The service was fantastic, staff was friendly, and the food was truly amazing. My sister had the blueberry pancakes that made me wish I had ordered them, my Mom had the Eggs Benedict and I had the ham and cheese omelet. Many restaurants use very low quality ham in their dishes, but not Snooze; the ham in the Benedict and omelet was of the most quality I have ever seen in a restaurant, thick/quality ham with not a bit of fat. Many restaurants also do not know how to make a good omelet, but this place? YUM, it was the best omelet I have had in San Diego and I have been living here almost 30 years! The prices were also surprisingly good.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Was a trip that was made because of trip advisor reviews. This was a breakfast that we knew on a Sunday we would have to wait for 40 minutes plus and did it anyway.
Tried 3 separate entrees at our table. Benny Goodman which was hollandaise with cream cheese and smoked salmon. Pancakes tried chocolate lava, sweet potato and apple caramel. Lastly had OMG French toast without the coconut. The marscapone on the pancake/frenchtoast was amazing. Retro vibe and great service. Will definitely be back and make a special trip.