“Astonishingly good breakfast - try the chilaquiles benedict!” 5 of 5 stars

Snooze
Ranked #10 of 4,537 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Gluten Free
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Breakfast marks the beginning of a new day. At Snooze, we believe life is for living and each person and each day is worth celebrating. Our mantra: it only takes a moment to make a difference. From the day we were born, our people - Snoozers - have led the way serving creative twists on America's favorite breakfast classics in a casual, friendly and vibrant atmosphere. The passion of our Snoozers is contagious. Over the past 8+ years it has inspired Snooze fans of all ages across the country.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Astonishingly good breakfast - try the chilaquiles benedict!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

As a Brit visiting San Diego on business for a couple of days, I'd been awake since 4am and so was after a good breakfast a few hours later. What I found at Snooze impressed me hugely.

Talking to the friendly waitress about whether to try one of the eggs benedict creations or the tasty looking pancakes she convinced me to do a half portion of each.

The chilaquiles benedict was sublime - tender barbacoa beef topped with a poached egg and hollandaise on a base made from tortilla rather than muffin/brioche. Paired with the very tasty hash brown (potato rosti, I would argue), I really should have stopped there, pleasantly full after a rich, surprisingly good dish. However, my single pancake was too tempting and so I embarked on the ~12" diameter monster; very good it was too. I didn't quite finish it as I could feel my arteries clogging up fast.
Cappucinos were tasty too though perhaps not quite as exceptional as the food; San Diego's a city crawling with fantastic independent coffee houses after all.

I'll certainly be coming back, perhaps after a 10 mile run to build up the appetite for a guilt-free breakfast.

• Visited October 2013

• Korean first
pebble beach
“breakfast at snooze”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

this is now my favorite place to have breakfast .five of us had adult beverages and really good food .i had the the breakfast pot pie ,my family had eggs benedect others had the best bacon !!!!my mother had a bloody mary she loved i had the snooze julius which i loved. next time i go there i will order more adult beverages there is so much to choose from. my very picky mother loved loved this place all in my party were very happy. oh by the way there will soon be a Amicci's pizza opening soon next door to snooze.YAAAAAA!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank belarina
San Diego, California
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I love this place! Although the wait is kind of long, the food is really good, and reasonably proved. They have a unique variety of pancakes that are delicious. (Especially the cinnamon roll one). Our waitress was amazing, so the service was great! It really made the experience. We took some friends from Texas the time before and it was one of their favorites as well.

Visited September 2013
San Diego, California, United States
“Breakfast Mania”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

We went to the new one in Carmel Valley. Wow. Everything was amazing!! 3 of us had different Benny's and a were good. My daughter is gluten free and everything can be converted to GF. We went at 945am on a Wednesday and the place was packed. I'll definitely be returning soon. The Best breakfast that I've had in ages.

San Diego, California, United States
“Good, but not worth a long wait”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Look up the word "Crazy" in the Webster Dictionary, you'll see pictures of the people willing to wait 30+ minutes...

Look up the word "Insane", and you'll see pictures of the people willing to wait over an hour for Snooze.

Due to jet lag from Europe, I was awake at 7:00am on a Sunday and finally got to eat here at around 7:45am with a quick 10 minute wait for a table.

$12.50 BBQ Benedict...good, but not great. Portions could've been bigger for that price.
$11 Caprese Benedict...wife's order. Good but not great. She couldn't finish it, luckily I'm always here to help :)

Don't get me wrong, Snooze has good food, reasonable prices(for most items), a cool modern retro look, and nice folks working. I especially like the free coffee while you wait for your table. But its not THAT good to the point where I'm going to wait over 30 minutes for table.

Maybe Snooze's pancakes will convince me next time...if I'm ever up that early on a weekend again. Doubtful!

Visited September 2013