“Good, but not worth a long wait” 4 of 5 stars

Snooze
Ranked #10 of 4,537 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American, Gluten Free
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Breakfast marks the beginning of a new day. At Snooze, we believe life is for living and each person and each day is worth celebrating. Our mantra: it only takes a moment to make a difference. From the day we were born, our people - Snoozers - have led the way serving creative twists on America's favorite breakfast classics in a casual, friendly and vibrant atmosphere. The passion of our Snoozers is contagious. Over the past 8+ years it has inspired Snooze fans of all ages across the country.
San Diego, California, United States
“Good, but not worth a long wait”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Look up the word "Crazy" in the Webster Dictionary, you'll see pictures of the people willing to wait 30+ minutes...

Look up the word "Insane", and you'll see pictures of the people willing to wait over an hour for Snooze.

Due to jet lag from Europe, I was awake at 7:00am on a Sunday and finally got to eat here at around 7:45am with a quick 10 minute wait for a table.

$12.50 BBQ Benedict...good, but not great. Portions could've been bigger for that price.
$11 Caprese Benedict...wife's order. Good but not great. She couldn't finish it, luckily I'm always here to help :)

Don't get me wrong, Snooze has good food, reasonable prices(for most items), a cool modern retro look, and nice folks working. I especially like the free coffee while you wait for your table. But its not THAT good to the point where I'm going to wait over 30 minutes for table.

Maybe Snooze's pancakes will convince me next time...if I'm ever up that early on a weekend again. Doubtful!

Visited September 2013

• Korean first
Ottawa, Canada
“Wonderful food and friendly service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Husband ordered a flight of pancakes and inhaled them. He practically licked the plate clean, he enjoyed them so much. I had 2 different kinds of eggs benedict with gluten free bread substituted for English muffin and other bread. At first, when plate arrived I thought the serving was paltry because I was really hungry. Yes, there was a long wait for a table even at 8 am! However, the portion turned out to be perfect. I thought I would order a GF pancake as a sweet finish, but once finished, I was too full.

We did also try the beermosa (I thought itwas nasty but I dislike beer - no surprise there) and the Orange Snoozius. Again, I think I should just accept that alcoholic breakfast drinks aren't my thing. My husband loved the Snoozius!

The coffee was okay. The hashbrowns were yummy and didn't need ketchup for flavour.

The waitress was attentive and overall, this was a really nice breakfast.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Excellent breakfast place in Hillcrest”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We went there for a late breakfast and after a 20 min wait we received a text msg and got our table. Nice interior, young and attentive staff and a great menu. All very fresh and tasty. Excellent coffee and hush browns which don't need extra spice treatment. A very nice place worth going even if you have to wait a bit.

• 5 of 5 stars
“My favorite San Diego breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic breakfast! My favorites are the chiliquilies Benedict and the omg French toast. They have a mimosa with pomegranate something or other and it's delicious! The wait is ridiculous and If I ever waited again I would go and cruise around hillcrest while I work up an appetite, it's usually at least an hour. If you can get there 8:30 or earlier not too bad of a wait. But snooze is worth it! Love this place.

• Visited July 2013
Ellicott City, Maryland
“great scene, okay food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Very hip, 60's retro ambiance; fantastic concept. I had a reuben sandwich from the brunch menu -- advertised as "heaped with corned beef"; just small to average portion; I was expecting Manhattan deli portion. Service was wonderful. I liked the space and the ambiance so much that I really wanted the food to match; sadly no. I'll give them another chance, though.

• 3 of 5 stars

Been to Snooze? Share your experiences!