“You have to go!!!!”

Snooze
Ranked #14 of 4,869 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Breakfast marks the beginning of a new day. At Snooze, we believe life is for living and each person and each day is worth celebrating. Our mantra: it only takes a moment to make a difference. From the day we were born, our people - Snoozers - have led the way serving creative twists on America's favorite breakfast classics in a casual, friendly and vibrant atmosphere. The passion of our Snoozers is contagious. Over the past 10+ years it has inspired Snooze fans of all ages across the country.
Reviewed April 7, 2013

This place is the best!! My husband and I were in San Diego for a short trip and decided to try Snooze out. We got there around 9:45 on a Friday morning and had a 45 minute wait. But it was totally worth it!! The decor is chic and fun, and all of the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. I had the OMG French toast and it seriously was the best french toast I've ever had. My husband ordered the Breakfast pot pie and also said it was the best breakfast he's ever had. It's definitely worth the wait, and eating at Snooze is a must if you're in the area!

Reviewed April 6, 2013

...and well worth it!

The two 9 year-old girls breakfasting with me went with pancakes from the kids menu: Pineapple Upside Down Pancakes and Coffee and Donut Pancakes. Both girls raved. (I stole a bite from each and their assessments are accurate.)

I ordered the Loxness Benny and had some bites stolen from me. Both girls raved and, again, their assessments are accurate.

As great as the food was, the service was even better! Our server (Ariel?) warned me of the aggressive ticketing at the parking meters and, rather than calling children services, kept an eye on the girls while I dashed off to feed the meter.

We'll be back!

Reviewed April 6, 2013

After telling us we had a "20 minute wait", we waited one hour to be seated and then another 45 minutes to get our food. The 'Host" was extremely rude - and the service was really unbelievably slow and inattentive. The food, once it arrived, was nothing special. The Sweet potato pancakes were dense and heavy and I doubt that one person could eat the large potion that was served. In fact, all the portions were quite large. The breakfast pot pie sounded much better in the description than it tasted in real life -it was watery and bland. Yes, they do have 'gluten free' and vegetarian items on the menu --- and you will be paying extra for them. I would say that this restaurant is grossly overrated and, unless you want to spend 2 or 3 hours of your precious vacation time waiting, and waiting and waiting for mediocrity --- go someplace else!

4  Thank jean t
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Fortunately, our party of 8 arrived at opening time for breakfast, so we were seated right away. This is a clean, hip place with the food to match. I ordered the "pancake flight", an assortment of different pancakes with names like "pineapple upside down" and "coffee and donuts". These were the best pancakes I've ever had. The chicken sausage paired with it was excellent. My cousin runs a premium butcher shop in North Hollywood and this chicken sausage gave his homemade ones a run for its money. The atmosphere was great. The food was great. The prices were very reasonable. I will plan on visiting this restaurant every time I come to San Diego!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We waited almost 80 minutes on a Sunday afternoon based on all the good reviews. The food was just okay and I left disappointed that we "wasted" 80 minutes of sight seeing time in line for what I thought was just mediocre food. In their defense I didn't try the french toast or other foods that some rave about, but I felt that a place reviewed this well should at least know how to make scrambled eggs and not bring them out runny.

The ambiance was good and the servers friendly, however it was also disappointing that they have seating so close to one another that you cannot enjoy conversation and/or have to listen to what the table less than 5 feet away from you is talking about.

I also didn't feel that the portion size was as much value as others claim it to be.

2  Thank CRYANH