“Long Wait, Okay Food”

Snooze
Ranked #14 of 4,869 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Breakfast marks the beginning of a new day. At Snooze, we believe life is for living and each person and each day is worth celebrating. Our mantra: it only takes a moment to make a difference. From the day we were born, our people - Snoozers - have led the way serving creative twists on America's favorite breakfast classics in a casual, friendly and vibrant atmosphere. The passion of our Snoozers is contagious. Over the past 10+ years it has inspired Snooze fans of all ages across the country.
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We waited almost 80 minutes on a Sunday afternoon based on all the good reviews. The food was just okay and I left disappointed that we "wasted" 80 minutes of sight seeing time in line for what I thought was just mediocre food. In their defense I didn't try the french toast or other foods that some rave about, but I felt that a place reviewed this well should at least know how to make scrambled eggs and not bring them out runny.

The ambiance was good and the servers friendly, however it was also disappointing that they have seating so close to one another that you cannot enjoy conversation and/or have to listen to what the table less than 5 feet away from you is talking about.

I also didn't feel that the portion size was as much value as others claim it to be.

2  Thank CRYANH

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I hope this review shows up I think the ones that are posted are probably by staff or friends of the owner. I guess its not the worse place i have eaten but we waited almost an hour to be seated, while staff just slowly clean the tables. Some of the tables sat dirty for almost 15 minutes while customers stood around in the sunshine waiting. I dont think the owner realizes what is going on there as if he did he would want to improve the customer service right away. The food is okay but not worth waiting an hour for. The people who work there are so busy chatting with friends instead of servicing the customers. I guess for me the best part of the morning was that the sun was shinning!!! I dont think i will be going back.... :(

3  Thank Fayesd55
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Good breakfast but horrible wait! I think we waited an hour but was worth it. So many choices to choose from. The omg French toast will be my next choice and also would try the flight instead of just picking one pancake choice. I had the sweet potato pancakes which were still very good. Would recommend if you are into interesting breakfast choices

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We LOVED our breakfast and our server! We had about a 30 minute wait for a party of 8...not bad at all for such a wonderful restaurant. Our server was fun and attentive. She even gave us a pancake to share as an appetizer! The food was absolutely incredible. Everyone ordered something different and we all thought we had the best meal! I would come back to San Diego just to eat here!

Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Wow!! We were in town for a triathlon and decided to do a big carb breakfast the day before the race. I had been to snooze in Denver so I really wanted to check it out. We had a little wait and then entered the bright, modern restaurant where we were greeted by many friendly smiling faces. The server was fantastic and recommended several things on the menu. She even suggested to get two halves of a plate, one savory and one sweet. She hit a home run! I had the omg French toast and a Mexican dish. The French toast was the best I've ever had!!! Absolutely amazing!!! We also shared a pancake sampler (3 ridiculously scrumptious kinds...the roasted chestnut was our favorite) and had a morning margarita. We both were so in love with the food that we barely spoke during breakfast. I could rave about this place all day!!! I can honestly say it's the best breakfast I have ever had...I will be stopping there every time I visit San Diego!