“Good but Expensive!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
San Diego, California
“Good but Expensive!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

The sushi and sashimi are some of the freshest I have ever had in my entire life but I don't know if it's worth the amount of money I payed 120 dlls for two peolple!
The service is great but there are some rolls in the 20 dlls range that will put a dent in your wallet fast I recommend going and really seeing if it's worth it! Maybe for a rare treat.

Visited March 2013

Selma, Texas, United States
“I need a fork!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Visited with a friend and loved the food! After 10 minutes of trying to remember how to use chopsticks and dying to have some more of the bomb squad, I finally gave up and got a fork. Staff and the owner were very friendly, food was great and the drinks were cold. I will go back!

• 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Flagstaff, Arizona
“Best I have had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Went here with my wife and we LOVED the place! Very very good food and a very nice place. Our favorite was the Kitchen Sink roll, out of this world! We were wanting to eat some good Sushi while in San Diego and they hit it out of the ball park. Best Susi we have ever had.

• Visited February 2013
“Amazing!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

This was a place we chose for my wife's birthday, we were not disappointed. The chef Keith and the quality of food were second to none. I am fairly new to sushi but my wife has been into it for some time now and we both could not believe how good everything was. This a great place for any sushi lover, a must try. Great job Shino's!!

Los Angeles, California
“Excellent Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

An excellent sushi option in San Diego if you're staying in downtown. Both the meal and service were great. Do yourself a favor and sit at the sushi bar........and order the omakase if you're adventurous and able to splurge on yourself. Shino offers typical sushi you can find at other joints, but the quality is superior. As well, you can get other items that you can only find at more authentic Japanese restaurants (eg. cod milt). Good sushi doesn't come without a price. My omakase meal, which included just about everything Keith (the sushi chef) could find in his case, was $85........a little on the pricier side but well worth it!

Visited January 2013

Been to Shino? Share your experiences!