“This is a wonderful place to stay!”

Staybridge Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo Area
Ranked #132 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
OaklandNJ
“This is a wonderful place to stay!”
Reviewed July 5, 2010

My family and I have stayed at Staybridge Suites in Rancho Bernardo for at least 10 days each August since 2006. We will return next month. We have stayed at many hotels in the San Diego area. This is easily our favorite hotel. The rooms are spacious and clean. Breakfast is tasty and there are abundant selections; the Sundowner Receptions are a fun way to end a busy day. The pool is relaxing, there is ample parking, and the laundry facilities are a bonus. I would be remiss if I did not mention that the general manager and her staff are professional, courteous, readily available, helpful and personable. I recommend this hotel with enthusiasm.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Santa Clarita, CA
Reviewed June 1, 2010

I had to find a place to stay in Rancho Bernardo that took pets, but wasn't a hole. This place is a 5 star resort. Not only that, but they don't gouge you for the pet's stay. Most places want to charge you a $75 non-refundable deposit!! Non-refundable?? If my dog didn't damage the room, why can't i have it back?? Anyhow, this place charges an additional $15 a night charge. Very reasonable.

We stayed in a queen suite, which included a small kitchen area w/full sized fridge, stove top, microwave, dishwasher and sink. More than adequate for me. There was also a coffee pot and toaster, dishes, flatware and pots and pans, so the kitchen is very usable. Lots of pillows and a pull out couch. The bed was very comfy. The room was very clean.

The front desk called me about an hour after i arrived to make sure everything was to my liking. Nice touch, i thought. I can't remember the last time that happened.

The property itself is really family friendly w/outdoor sport court, pool and BBQ's!! Laundry room that is complimentary, except you need detergent and dryer sheets which they conveniently have in their 24 hour kiosk that has snacks too!! Free breakfast, but i didn't get to check it out 'cuz i had to leave before it was opened...but it smelled good as they were getting it ready. There is a great room off the reception area and i believe i saw some computers to access the internet.

My rate was a bit high, but i booked the day before my arrival so i really can't complain. The only down side here is it's far from everything. You definately need a vehicle as you couldn't really walk to anything. I did see they offered a free shuttle w/in 5 miles, but i didn't use it so i can't comment.

You won't regret staying here.

• Stayed May 2010
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 30, 2010

I just have to say I highly recommend this facility. There were NO bedbugs. Rooms were very clean and spacious, the staff was friendly and knowledgable, the breakfast and sundowner was better than I expected, the parking was ample. Everything we wanted was here except a hot tub.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank mrs_debe
CA
Reviewed October 25, 2009

I stayed in room 321 at Staybridge Suites in Rancho Bernardo., CA. I was bitten close to 80 times all over my body. My boss who stayed in the same room after I left, was bitten as well. He found a bed bug and showed it to the front desk attendant. They have yet to give me a full refund and have not even had someone inspect the room since this happened last week. The manager I spoke to was so nonchalant about the matter when I spoke to him. On top of being bitten and having experienced a bad reaction to the bites, we are now having to deal with the transport of the bugs to our home. I am disappointed with the way management handled mine and my boss's complaint .

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
11 Thank buggingout
Mesa Arizona
Reviewed October 3, 2009

WE loved our stay at the Staybridge Carmel Mountain the breakfast was great. We enjoyed the happy hour when we got home from our days at Lego-land or Sea World
they have a cook out on Wed. evenings. the staff is great and so very helpful. We are
now booking for another stay in Oct. for fall break Lots to do in the area with the
grandchildren. We have stayed in Staybridge in New York and Washington DC area
those hotels offer a full meal on Tues Weds and Thurs evenings having different local
restaurants cater so the price includes breakfast and dinner on those nights.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank momladybarbara
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed September 30, 2009

My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights while visiting relatives. We treated ourselves to a large suite and it was absolutely quiet and comfortable. We enjoyed the cocktail hour during the week, with free drinks and a light dinner. The staff is very helpful and upbeat and even the guests walk around with smiles on their faces. This hotel has a very positive vibe! I left my cell phone charger in the room and when I got home there was a message from the hotel that they'd found it and were mailing it to me. How often does that happen?

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles,CA
Reviewed September 21, 2009

We stayed at a Staybridge in Orlando a couple of years ago and always wanted to try it again. This location did not disappoint. The rooms were big and clean. The air conditioning was awesome. The free breakfast buffet was really good. You actually can be pretty creative with the options of food given. The pool is not big, but it was nice and refreshing. Lots of cable TV choices, 3 ESPN options on College Football Saturday made a difference. The beds were a little stiff. But overall, we would comeback to this location the next time we are in the San Diego area. The staff was great at the beginning and the end.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family