“Awesome! Everything was AWESOME!”” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Staybridge Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo Area

Staybridge Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo Area
Ranked #127 of 281 Hotels in San Diego
Murrieta, California
“Awesome! Everything was AWESOME!””
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I was relocating from Pittsburgh, PA to southern California for a new job in San Diego, CA. I needed an extended-stay solution (45-90 days which ended up being 98 days total - March-June, 2014) during the transition. Sam McGruder helped me with my reservation and maintained contact with me during my entire stay. Managers Nicole Price and Scott Griffin were always available and ready to assist. In addition, Ed (at the front desk), well, it is obvious he is there to serve. He is simply a wonderful person. Sincerely, I think everyone there was friendly and genuine and they always greeted me by name. I know I’m sure to miss someone, but I don’t want to miss Alex, Frank, Karolina, and Kostana. I didn’t catch the name of the gal that managed breakfast over the last month or so, but she was FABULOUS!

One thing that Staybridge Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo Area doesn't advertise (and I don't know why) is their free evening social every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday which includes dinner, dessert, soft drinks, wine, beer and Saki...did I mention it’s FREE. Alex is an EXCELLENT host for the evening social. Social dinners typically include a salad, rice, snack chips, and veggies. Entrees include a baked potato bar with choice toppings, burgers, brats, hot dogs, chili, baked beans, quesadilla, pizza, chicken, soup, etc...

Now, they do advertise free breakfast, but they don't tell you that it’s terrific and that the entree changes daily, 7-days a week. The staples are coffee, juice, milk, yogurt, a choice of 6 dry cereals, oatmeal, breads, bagels and English muffins, a morning pastry (such as coffee cake, muffins, pound cake, Danish, croissant, etc.), fresh fruit (apples, bananas, oranges, melon),hard boiled eggs, steamed rice and nori. The entrees can include scramble eggs, chorizo scramble eggs, hash, egg/cheese omelets, egg patties (for breakfast sandwich), bacon, sausage, roasted onions and peppers, pancakes, French toast sticks, etc.

The rooms are well appointed, spacious and comfortable. I found the bed and bedding to be at my desired firmness/softness. I did not care for the bed pillows much, too soft, and therefore needed to used several, but to be fair, I'm picky ab out my pillows. The A/C unit was awesome and other than the sound of the blower, made no irritating noise. I found good water pressure and hot water whenever I needed it. Each unit has a full-size fridge w/ icemaker, microwave, induction cooktop, dishwasher and ample cabinetry. They provide dishwashing liquid and powder for the dishwasher, as well as dish towel/cloth, dishes, glassware, pots/pans, silverware, can opener, corkscrew, veg peeler, toaster, coffee maker (with coffees and teas), salt, pepper, sugar and creamer packets, microwave popcorn, paper towels, shampoo, conditioner, hand and body bar soap, and lotion. Other than needing to buy some plastic wrap and Ziplocs, they provided everything I required. The closet is spacious and comes with several hangers. Given I was there for 98 days; I needed to purchase a few more.

- They also offer a free laundry equipped with five washers and five dryers that are always functioning.
- You can purchase laundry soap pods at the front desk for $1.
- The onsite pool is heated 24/7 at a lovely temperature and was always clean.
- They have a half-size basketball court, with basketballs available at the front desk.
- There is a fire pit, and BBQ grills and outdoor seating as well.
- Parking is free and the lot well lit.
- Designated Pet Areas with supplies.

The physical location offers easy access to everything - shopping, dining, interstates, and entertainment. The location is quiet - no real street noise except for an occasional fire truck siren.

NOTE: While I was there, San Diego experienced several brush fires. The Staybridge staff was prepared and very reassuring. I noticed several SoCal Firemen on site during this time. I felt VERY safe.

During the last week or so of my stay, my husband, son and my two dogs (Spencer and Zoey) joined me, and the staff welcomed them all with the same inviting demeanor and care.

Having been separated from my family and pets during this transition, Staybridge felt like a home away from home. The only other time I have seen such offerings was at a high-end timeshare.

I was extremely impressed.

Room Tip: Contact the Staybridge Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo Area directly for reservations. You'll...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank DebraMDNRMom
tpeterson20, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo Area, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear DebraMDNRMom ,
Your review is the reason why we love to work hard for our guests; it is also the reason we love our job. Your appreciation for every department and associate wasn't overstated and we collectively feel that while you were here longterm you wouldn't have ever overstayed your welcome. We also look forward to having you, your husband, and your very polite son back to our property as soon as you have the chance. This will forever and always be your "home away from home".

Kindest Regards,
The Staybridge Family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for the first time yesterday for work. The place itself was located in a nice commercial part of the city that was quiet and clean. Our room was presentable and very clean and the management staff was very helpful and attentive to our needs. Awesome place. Definitely recommend!!!!!

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Daniel S
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Manager Nicole Price, and staff member Karolina Maciantowicz, did a great job with getting rooms for my company. They had a firm grasp on everything that was going on and was able to help us out with all that we needed.

2 Thank Fireman0928
Dinuba
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Excellent service by Nicole Price & Karolina M. ,Very happy with them getting us rooms on such short notice. Would definitely recommend this place to everyone, and would stay here everyone I'm in San Diego........

Visalia, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Manager Nicole Price & Karolina Maciantowicz were absolutely amazing! They were extremely helpful when expedia and hotels.com screwed us up in our plans! They made it happen for us to have a great place to sleep and shower while fighting the san diego fires! Great staff - these two have made me a loyal patron both in my personal trips and professional with this chain of hotels! Thank you ladies!

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

I used my IHG rewards points to stay here and this was the best service I've received thus far! I was upgraded to a 2 bdrm suite upon check-in.....the room was nice and spacious and It was clean!! They serve an amazing hot breakfast......their business center is really nice and private! They even have a dvd rental library if you can't find anything on television to watch....and to my surprise the ENTIRE staff is very friendly and accomodating especially Ed , Carolina, and I forget the name of the femal manager that gave me the upgrade! :) I would DEFINITELY recommend this place to anyone!!!

• Stayed April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars
tpeterson20, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo Area, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dearest Guest,
Your review of our property warms our hearts. We do try to take advantage of making sure IHG Rewards Members are treated in the highest regard, especially as frequent travels. Also, never taking for granted the opportunity to ensure they experience possible upgrades whenever available. The Front Desk Manager was also very happy to see that her staff was recognized so positively. They are all to be commended, as you are also, for taking your personal time to speak honestly of us from a perspective that is based on the amenities and service offered as a whole. We hope you back as soon as the time is right. Best wishes and safest travels!

-The Staybridge Family-
Allentown, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Stayed at Staybridge Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo on Business. I found the facility very clean and having a suite with kitchen was nice. The facility was just off of I-15 which made going to my office convenient (to the South) and going North a few exits for restaurants, shopping, etc. The hotel has an outdoor pool which was not huge but nice. The front desk and staff was pleasant and helpful during check-in and the check-out process was smooth, efficient, and quick. I used the workout facility- small and not alot of machines to use but served it's purpose. Hotel about 30 minute drive from SDG airport downtown.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
Dearest Guest,
We thank you for taking the opportunity to review our property. Having this positive impact amongst our corporate travelers, as well as leisure, really is a testament to what our ultimate goals are. Your review was well received with the staff and as time goes on we are only going to get better. Please let us know the next time you're in town so we can extend our thanks personally. Warm wishes and safest travels!

-The Staybridge Family-
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Diego
Staybridge Suites San Diego - Sorrento Mesa
Hilton Garden Inn San Diego/Rancho Bernardo
Radisson Hotel San Diego - Rancho Bernardo
Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway
SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway
Courtyard San Diego Rancho Bernardo

Been to Staybridge Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo Area? Share your experiences!