I was relocating from Pittsburgh, PA to southern California for a new job in San Diego, CA. I needed an extended-stay solution (45-90 days which ended up being 98 days total - March-June, 2014) during the transition. Sam McGruder helped me with my reservation and maintained contact with me during my entire stay. Managers Nicole Price and Scott Griffin were always available and ready to assist. In addition, Ed (at the front desk), well, it is obvious he is there to serve. He is simply a wonderful person. Sincerely, I think everyone there was friendly and genuine and they always greeted me by name. I know I’m sure to miss someone, but I don’t want to miss Alex, Frank, Karolina, and Kostana. I didn’t catch the name of the gal that managed breakfast over the last month or so, but she was FABULOUS!
One thing that Staybridge Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo Area doesn't advertise (and I don't know why) is their free evening social every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday which includes dinner, dessert, soft drinks, wine, beer and Saki...did I mention it’s FREE. Alex is an EXCELLENT host for the evening social. Social dinners typically include a salad, rice, snack chips, and veggies. Entrees include a baked potato bar with choice toppings, burgers, brats, hot dogs, chili, baked beans, quesadilla, pizza, chicken, soup, etc...
Now, they do advertise free breakfast, but they don't tell you that it’s terrific and that the entree changes daily, 7-days a week. The staples are coffee, juice, milk, yogurt, a choice of 6 dry cereals, oatmeal, breads, bagels and English muffins, a morning pastry (such as coffee cake, muffins, pound cake, Danish, croissant, etc.), fresh fruit (apples, bananas, oranges, melon),hard boiled eggs, steamed rice and nori. The entrees can include scramble eggs, chorizo scramble eggs, hash, egg/cheese omelets, egg patties (for breakfast sandwich), bacon, sausage, roasted onions and peppers, pancakes, French toast sticks, etc.
The rooms are well appointed, spacious and comfortable. I found the bed and bedding to be at my desired firmness/softness. I did not care for the bed pillows much, too soft, and therefore needed to used several, but to be fair, I'm picky ab out my pillows. The A/C unit was awesome and other than the sound of the blower, made no irritating noise. I found good water pressure and hot water whenever I needed it. Each unit has a full-size fridge w/ icemaker, microwave, induction cooktop, dishwasher and ample cabinetry. They provide dishwashing liquid and powder for the dishwasher, as well as dish towel/cloth, dishes, glassware, pots/pans, silverware, can opener, corkscrew, veg peeler, toaster, coffee maker (with coffees and teas), salt, pepper, sugar and creamer packets, microwave popcorn, paper towels, shampoo, conditioner, hand and body bar soap, and lotion. Other than needing to buy some plastic wrap and Ziplocs, they provided everything I required. The closet is spacious and comes with several hangers. Given I was there for 98 days; I needed to purchase a few more.
- They also offer a free laundry equipped with five washers and five dryers that are always functioning.
- You can purchase laundry soap pods at the front desk for $1.
- The onsite pool is heated 24/7 at a lovely temperature and was always clean.
- They have a half-size basketball court, with basketballs available at the front desk.
- There is a fire pit, and BBQ grills and outdoor seating as well.
- Parking is free and the lot well lit.
- Designated Pet Areas with supplies.
The physical location offers easy access to everything - shopping, dining, interstates, and entertainment. The location is quiet - no real street noise except for an occasional fire truck siren.
NOTE: While I was there, San Diego experienced several brush fires. The Staybridge staff was prepared and very reassuring. I noticed several SoCal Firemen on site during this time. I felt VERY safe.
During the last week or so of my stay, my husband, son and my two dogs (Spencer and Zoey) joined me, and the staff welcomed them all with the same inviting demeanor and care.
Having been separated from my family and pets during this transition, Staybridge felt like a home away from home. The only other time I have seen such offerings was at a high-end timeshare.
I was extremely impressed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Staybridge Suites - San Diego Rancho Bernardo Hotel is the favorite extended stay hotel in the Rancho Bernardo Area. We offer free high speed internet access in every guest room and daily complimentary buffet breakfast! Our all suite hotel offers studio, one bedroom and two-bedroom/two bath suites. Each Suite features fully equipped kitchens, including microwave, 2-burner stove top, dishwasher, ice maker and coffeemaker, perfect for any extended stay. The Staybridge Suites - Rancho Bernardo has spacious suites featuring separate living and work areas as standard amenities. Each suite has a direct dial phone number, two phone lines, speaker phone, voice mail, data port and free high-speed Internet access. We also have on site 24 hour business center, Bridgemart convenience store, fitness center and free laundry facilities. Our outdoor heated pool and sport court are available year round. Complimentary shuttle service is offered within a 5 mile radius of the hotel, Mon. - Fri. 8am - 7pm. The Staybridge Suites - San Diego Rancho Bernardo Hotel is conveniently located adjacent to Northrop Grumman and Scripps Hospital. In addition our location provides great access to all of the companies that call Rancho Bernardo home. These companies include Sony, Lockheed Martin, BAE Systems, SAIC, Hewlett Packard (HP), NOKIA, Pulse, Siemens, NCR, Intel, Delta Designs and many others. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Staybridge Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo Area Hotel San Diego
- San Diego Staybridge Suites