“We stayed here for only one night but wish we could have stayed longer.”

Staybridge Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo Area
Ranked #130 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Los Angeles, California
“We stayed here for only one night but wish we could have stayed longer.”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

From the moment we checked in. I knew this was a place where the staff loved their jobs. Nicole welcomed us with a great smile and warm personality. The break staff greeted me with a good morning. I remember the little things and would recommend Staybridge to family and friends!

• Stayed November 2013
tpeterson20, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo Area, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dearest Guest,
Your review of our hotel has not gone unnoticed. It's a pleasure to serve all those who stay and most especially an honor to see those who stay with us for a short period of time, have the good nature to remember the staff member/s who assisted them personally. You are always welcome back for short term, long term, or even just to stop in and say 'hello.' The same smiles and glad tidings will be here waiting until then.

-Kindest Regards-

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
San Diego, California
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Today marked our return home to our nearby condo after being displaced for 5 weeks due to an accidental flood that required extensive renovations. The forced relocation affected not only my wife and I, but also our 11 year old son, two cats and a fish.

Our stay at Staybridge made our situation so much better. The staff was wonderful and so helpful. We were permitted to bring our pets, one of which most definitely does not like change in her life. Yet, whenever anything came up - need fresh towels or sheets - we received these right away.

The suite had plenty of room for us. Separate living quarters for us and the kid. A usable kitchen space and living area, as well. Bathrooms (and the entire suite) were well-maintained daily. The beds and furniture were all very comfortable. Laundry, some meal services, and a gym were all available for our use. Free wi-fi was also very handy.

The location was excellent - lots of eating establishments nearby, as well as shopping. Twenty minute drive to downtown San Diego for evening/weekend shows. The suites are in a nice, clean semi-corporate neighborhood - we always felt safe.

Overall, they did an amazing job putting us up for the 5 weeks. Whilst we certainly missed not being in our condo (accesss for the full complement of our clothes, etc), our stay here felt most welcoming.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dearest Guest,
We sincerely appreciate your detailed review of our property. Despite your unfortunate circumstances you still made the time to show your appreciation and we can't explain in simple words how grateful that makes us. It's good to know that you've had the ability to return to the comforts of your own home but if you're ever in need you and yours will always have a place here with our Staybridge family.

San Diego
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I travel the entire State of California. My company allows me to stay wherever I please. I started staying at the Staybridge in San Diego years ago. It is honestly my favorite hotel, motel, suites, etc. in all of California. The beds are comfortable, the rooms are renovated, but the thing that keeps me coming back is the staff. It's the entire package. Long term or short stay. This is the place to stay.

Room Tip: I have not had a bad room anywhere. Because of the location, none of the rooms are loud
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
tpeterson20, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo Area, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dearest Guest,
On behalf of our entire staff we sincerely appreciate you positively reviewing our hotel. Our endeavor is to make each stay a special one, and as a returning guest, we're privileged to say 'you've made an impression throughout that will never be taken for granted'. We eagerly look forward to your return and wish you all the best when you travel.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed here with my family for two full months when relocating for my career. It is a very clean, very nice hotel. Rooms are set up nicely for long stays (I shared a two bedroom suite with my wife, 5 month old, 4 year old, and mother in law and nobody killed eachother!) Each bedroom has its own full bathroom. Location is great, right next to a nice shopping center, and is very close to highway 15.
This is my first experience with an extended stay hotel and I do have a few gripes. The housekeeping situation was a little confusing, and it seemed like we went a few weeks at times without clean linens. They have a "social hour" in the evenings with free beer, wine, and sake (which is great) but the "finger food" they put out is treated like an all-you-can-eat-buffet by the families staying there, so its a little annoying. That being said I would recommend this hotel to any family on travel!

Room Tip: Our room faced east and we had a good view of the inland mountains
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tenpenny_05
tpeterson20, Public Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo Area, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dearest Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to positively critique our hotel. With the amount of time you've spent with us we are confident your opinion gave future guest an accurate depiction of what's to be expected during their stay with our hotel. Our housekeeping process is different from normal hotels and during the peak season leading out of summer our Social Reception can be busier than normal so we qualify that comment by agreeing 100%. That said, your words were well received and genuinely appreciated by our entire staff and we can't wait to have you back. Until then, "safest travels" from our family to yours.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I was visiting San Diego on business recently and stayed at Staybridge Suites for two months from August to September. I have visited other cities in the US and stayed at different hotels, but Staybridge Suites provided me the best customer experience by far. In addition to the quality of the rooms, the staff - people at the front desk, chef, operations manager - at Staybridge Rancho Bernardo are very friendly. Pete, the chauffeur of the hotel's complimentary shuttle service, deserves a special mention for his excellent customer service and for going out of his way to help me on several occasions. My rating for Staybridge Rancho Bernardo on a scale of 1 to 5 is-

Quality of Rooms (Furniture, Bathrooms, Ventillation) - 5
Complimentary Wi-Fi in the room - 5
Complimentary Cable TV service - 5
Complimentary Breakfast - 5 (Complimentary Dinner also served from Tue thru Thu)
Complimentary Laundary facilities - 5
Kitchenette - 5
(and reserving the best for the last)
Customer Experience - 6

Based on my experince, I would definitely recommend Staybridge to friends and colleagues visiting San Diego. Hope this review helps.
- Shiva

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank shiva_v_2013
tpeterson20, Public Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo Area, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Guest,
We'd like to genuinely thank you for taking your time to recommend our hotel. It wasn't long ago that you were here and our staff is very familiar with your reservation; so might we say that it was an equal pleasure having you stay at our "home away from home". We eagerly anticipate your return and encourage you to reach out prior so we know when to expect you and yours.

San Diego, California
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I live a few minutes away and was having my house painted. I booked for a couple of nights and although I called the local # I was switched to the 800 number. I booked a non smoking room and last room available. I arrived and it was a smoking room. I was very frustrated and left and called Scott Griffin ( hotel manager in the morning) He explained to me that they are supposed to say it is a booking for a general room as they might not know when you get here what is available, but will do their best to get what you need. He also was VERY apologetic!

I love this hotel and Scott went over and beyond anything I could have expected to make me happy. He gave me a great room( much bigger), reduced the rate, made me feel like I was special and he really cared. His staff was amazing and they really cared too and catered to me like I was a queen! Who wouldn't want to feel like that!

This place is cozy, coffee all day, great waffles and breakfast everyday and very kind people work here. Great location.....within a mile you have anything you could possibly need! This is my 2nd home now when I need a local place to stay.

This is what separates this hotel from others.....they REALLY care!

Thanks to a wonderful staff and knowing that people really do CARE :o)

Room Tip: Get at least a one bedroom but I stayed in a 2 bedroom 2 bath as there were 2 of us and our dog. Fel...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Celine262626
tpeterson20, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo Area, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dearest Guest,
We'd like to thank you very much for taking the time positively rate our hotel during your stay. Each guest is special to us and knowing that our efforts are meeting the mark individually makes it worth all the effort. While you may live close by, please remember that you'll always have your Staybridge family nearby if you're ever in need.

bergen county, nj
Reviewed September 19, 2013

It has been a few years since I have had the fortune of staying at a Staybridge Suites. Their rooms are big with comfy couches, cable tv, free wifi, full-size fridge, microwave, dishwasher, cooktop, and placesettings for 2-4 people. I used their fitness center, which had newer equipment and a TV to keep my workout interesting. Their free breakfast is also awesome.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo