“Delicious, fast, and fresh” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Fast Food, Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Seating
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Delicious, fast, and fresh”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2012

My hotel directed me to try Subway when I asked for some fast food. Thankfully I found this place instead. Both tortas (queso only and a jamon and queso) I tried on different days were good, and the side salad I got was refreshing due to the sliced granny smith apples and tangy mustard vinaigrette. The surprise jalapeno popper with my order was a pleasant surprise. This isn't some breaded bar jalapeno popper either. It's a fresh jalapeno, stuffed with cheese, and wrapped in a slice of bacon. Both times I stopped in, the staff at the registers were friendly too.

Visited January 2012

coronado
“Bolillo is Cool”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2011

A very cool fast-food torta place. The decor is trendy with an eye for detail (interestingly shaped plates and glasses), the food is very fresh, and they have a full bar. The tortas come with a jalapeno pepper stuffed with cheese and wrapped in bacon, and a choice of very small sides--we had an interesting salad. We ordered a Torta Cubano, which was nothing like a Florida Cuban sandwich but was very good, and a sloppy-Joe-like Torta Carne Asada which could have used a bit more Asada and/or other fillings. The bread is fresh and delicious. Bolillo also serves breakfast dishes, salads, and soups. I would have given the place a "five" except for the prices, which are $1-$2 too high (in my view).

• Visited December 2011