“Loved it and I rarely eat pork!”

Carnitas' Snack Shack
Ranked #80 of 4,753 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
CA
“Loved it and I rarely eat pork!”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I highly recommend this fantastic eatery for lunch! It is Zagat rated, and they use local and organic ingredients. The food was soooo good!

Italy
“Woo pig!”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

If all things pork are to your liking, then the Carnitas' Snack Shack is for you! We were about 4th in line, but the wait was actually for the food after we'd place our order. The seating is all outdoors with a few tables under a covered patio. The food all tasted really good, and since the wait for the food was kind of long, we knew that everything is made to order.

• Visited March 2014
San Diego, California
“Triple pork sando: v. good, not amazing”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Decided to check out the triple threat for an early dinner (no line!): bacon, pulled pork and schnitzel: really everything tasted very good quality and fresh, but it really didn't blow me away: I think the sandwich needs another element for contrast as the schnitzel was a bit undersalted/underspiced, as was the pulled pork, maybe a sweet element, or maybe mine was just missing the aioli as I didn't really note any? I dunno. Anyway: would I wait in a 45 min line for another? Nope. But still, quality of ingredients deserves the 4 dot rating here...but try for an off-time.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank shappych
Boston
“Very Good But Beware the Lines”
Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

Don't get me wrong- the food here is good- think localvore BBQ and Mexican mashup. But the process is excrutiatingly slow. First you wait in a walkup line- we waited over a half hour at lunch. Then we waited another 45 minutes in the back outside seating area until our food finally came. That is simply too much time for a meal of this type. I won't be back.

1 Thank mookie61
gilbert, az
“Not quite up to the hype”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

While our food was good, it did not blow us away. After standing in line for an hour, I guess I expected more. Probably the best item, between the four of us, were the carnitas tacos. The triple pork sandwich had tasty bacon but the pulled pork was dry, and the schnitzel was fairly weak. The steak sandwich was pretty good, as the meat was flavorful and tender.

1 Thank memberat