Review Highlights
Excellent

I used Islander Charters 4 times in the past. Sadly a planned 5th trip was postponed due to COVID... read more

Reviewed April 28, 2023
brianjO7767BB
Aberdeen, Maryland
via mobile
Hoping Great White tours resume.

We too were booked for a Charter to Guadalupe island. We are most appreciative to Juliet for their... read more

Reviewed April 25, 2023
Brian N
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around San Diego
More Info
All reviews great whites guadalupe island mexican government shark action charter company marine life cage crew safety boat conservation companies
Selected filters
Reviewed November 12, 2019

Cannot stress enough how amazing Islander Charters is!!
Everything from booking the reservation to the actual trip itself, it's clear that this team truly cares not only about the safety of their passengers but also about their comfort and overall satisfaction.
The crew members were all very knowledgeable, personable and did everything in their power to ensure that we had a great trip.

Date of experience: November 2019
1  Thank MonicaShmonz
Reviewed November 5, 2019

I am a very picky person and I have to say. I could not not find any issue whatsoever at this trip. From the beginning to end, it was great. Staff, food, trip, sharks, boat... Everything was awesome. Very professional and polite people. They were extremely helpful and polite and the food was as good as it gets. John and his wife Juliette are running a very tight shift. We saw over 40 sharks and that is way more than I would imagine. I will remember this trip forever. Thanks guys for the fantastic experience. You guys are awesome...

Reviewed November 4, 2019

The four of us decided to do the forever bucket list item in Oct (hoping for bigger sharks) and it did not disappoint! The crew was amazing, the diving was amazing, scenery was amazing, and we met a host of great people.

Recommendations: 1. wear the hood and gloves in the water, you can stay longer. 2. Bring a pillow if you can fit it. 3. Don't over think packing because once you are in a wet suit, stay in it (unless you are a contortionist who does not mind losing a few layers of skin). 4. Do not underestimate sea sickness. All 4 of us were brought up on the water and it tested us at times with medication. Patches are the best if you can get them. The 4 of us were the only ones alive and moving on the trip out. The open sea can make the 80ft boat rock!

Reviewed October 31, 2019 via mobile

I spent many an hour trawling through the options for cage diving at Guadalupe. Weighing up all the options, Islander ticked most of my boxes.
The whole process ran smooth and seamless from the get go. The islander boat is small, there is no WiFi. Which was a slight bug bear for me but how wrong could I be. The lack of social media and small staterooms promote a true feeling of camaraderie amongst guests and crew.
The crew treat everyone from newbies to hardened divers with care and consideration. I truly believe they wanted us to have the best possible experience.
The food is outstanding, the service is exemplary and the sharks. Oh my god! The sharks, so many and in crystal clear waters.
Forget South Africa, although amazing in its own rights, the shark experience isn’t 1/10th as good as Guadalupe.
If you’ve had this on your to do list. Go with islander. Jimmy Partington, the resident shark diving expert on board is a massive plus. He’s both knowledgable and approachable and like the whole crew, cares about sharks and guests alike. Check out his documentaries on discovery channel. He tried everything to get us up close and personal whilst keeping both us and the sharks safe.
Best few days of my life.

2  Thank Kentwoolgar
Reviewed October 30, 2019

What a trip! What a crew! I cannot say enough of what a wonderful experience this was. I took my sister on this trip from Oct 21-25, 2019 because it was at the top of our bucket list and it did not disappoint! All of the gear (wetsuit, gloves, headcover, footies, and goggles that were supplied were used, but in great condition! I would recommend wearing all of it! You can stay in the water longer when your body is warm! And ya'll, they have a hot tub for when you get out of the water! The food was absolutely delicious and freshly made to order. You will never go hungry on this trip! Captain John is AWESOME and the crew was very knowledgeable and super friendly. The only person who was not as friendly was Jimi Partington, which we thought was odd since he had been talking to us thru messenger for over a year and had reached out to my sister to book the trip thru him and SDX Shark Diving Xperts. I think his "star" status may have gotten to his head a little bit. Sounds like he is just there to take a cut for booking trips. He never spoke with us on the boat and he mostly kept to himself. In my opinion, The Islander doesn't need him. The sharks sell themselves, and with an outstanding crew, they should not have any problems in booking these trips. My suggestions: 1. Do not book thru SDX Shark Diving, book straight with The Islander and save yourself a few hundred bucks. It's the same trip. Most of the people on our trip booked thru The Islander. 2. Do not over-pack, You will wear your bathing suit and the wetsuit the majority of the time you are on the boat. You will only need a few t-shirts, long comfortable pants (chilly at night), a light jacket, sunglasses, flip flops and two towels. 3. Bring a go pro with either a selfie stick and/or chest app, bring a flash drive, and possibly a computer to download photos to unless you want to wait until you get home. 4. Take some Bonine and motion sickness patches. The ride out to Guadalupe and the ride back in can be bumpy. I've been fishing on many boats throughout my life and I even got queezy! This trip is pricey and you don't want to mess it up by not being prepared!