Review Highlights
Excellent

I used Islander Charters 4 times in the past. Sadly a planned 5th trip was postponed due to COVID... read more

Reviewed April 28, 2023
brianjO7767BB
Aberdeen, Maryland
via mobile
Hoping Great White tours resume.

We too were booked for a Charter to Guadalupe island. We are most appreciative to Juliet for their... read more

Reviewed April 25, 2023

from $65.00
from $72.00
from $85.00
More Info
All reviews great whites guadalupe island mexican government shark action charter company marine life cage crew safety boat conservation companies
Selected filters
Reviewed October 20, 2019

This will be tough because words cannot describe how utterly amazing this trip was! From the moment I arrived on the bus, the whole adventure felt surreal. All in all a fantastic trip. From the crew taking care of any concern someone possibly needed, to the cook challenging himself to provide for various types of appetites. To the strangers that became friends and all the wonder we got to see, it is definitely something worth doing. This was my #1 bucket list and I am extremely overjoyed that I did it!
Sharks were constantly around the boat and did not disappoint. We saw a few megasharks and even had a run in with the cage! The weather could not have been better and the waters were calm, making for the best conditions a vacation can have!
I would do this again and again and would recommend to anyone and everyone.

1  Thank Kimberly M
Reviewed October 19, 2019

This trip was incredible. I emailed back and forth with Juliet to get everything set up. She was so kind, and helped settle my nerves of traveling to Mexico alone. I felt safe the entire time.

After boarding the boat, the crew was absolutely amazing. They were all so kind and attentive, ready to help in any way. Besides the sharks, they were honestly one of my favorite parts of the trip.

And of course. The sharks. The crew provided everything we needed from equipment and training to encouragement and humor. 2 1/2 days of diving, an hour in the cage at a time - it's honestly such a good deal. We saw beautiful sharks, fish, seals, turtles, dolphins, etc. Not to mention Guadalupe is gorgeous. I would recommend this to anyone.

1  Thank Travel_Light93
Reviewed October 16, 2019

Once in a Lifetime…We all started the trip to Isla Guadalupe with Islander Charters, but little did we know, Islander crew would provide (with the help of Bullet 😊) an EPIC trip of a lifetime for the 18 guests, plus Paul de Gelder and Joe Romeiro. These people came from all walks of life but shared a love of sharks. We love Paul & Joe too, and the efforts they take to protect sharks! Paul always has a positive attitude, smile and hug waiting for you! Joe has so much knowledge and is an all-around good dude.

There were 14 women and 4 men who started as strangers and ended as friends (plus crew and hosts).

As much as I love sharks, I still thought I would be afraid. My fears were put to rest within minutes of meeting the crew. Once I entered the water, in their domain, I was at peace.

Islander Charters takes great measures to ensure safety, and provides knowledge and years of experience to put you at ease.

Yes, you want to get the motion sickness patch! Whether you think you will need it or not, why take the chance of getting motion sickness during the 20-hour trip to the island. The M/V Islander is comfortable, clean and safe. The crew takes pride in keeping it clean at all times.

Oh, did I mention how awesome it is to jump into their new hot tub? After being in the water for an hour or so, you can get cold even while wearing the wetsuit. It’s so relaxing to jump in after an exciting dive.

I will never forget the feeling of being in the cage with three other ladies when beautiful Bullet, the 17 ft female Great White Mega Shark, came to visit our cage. She immediately got our attention, as her size was so much greater than the sharks we had seen the last day and a half. When she started to “play” with the float on the cage, there was surprisingly no fear from any of us. We were in awe and amazed at the power she had. Personally, I felt a peaceful calm like I’ve never felt before. This was followed by a major adrenaline rush, joyful cheering, dancing, high-fives, and more! Unfortunately, I can’t share any video of me coming out of the water 10 minutes later because I lost all ability to use my words, and my vocabulary was limited to a 5-year old sailor (haha)! Luckily, the video inside the cage will be something I can look back at years from now and enjoy.

A quick little bit about each person on the crew. Captain John welcomed us and took the time to explain what to expect on the trip. He’s very knowledgeable, friendly, patient and quick to remember your name.
Jimi Partington, the lead dive master, is happy to share his passion and knowledge, and his enthusiasm rubs off on you.
Fernando loves answering questions, and is funny and kind.
Erik always has a smile on his face, works non-stop, and enjoys getting to know you.
Jake the Chef keeps you fed all day, every day. I don’t recall a time when he wasn’t working….and with a smile and a pleasant conversation. Oh, and he gets very creative with the menu to accommodate every diet. I believe everyone was thrilled with his meals.
Steve was quick with a “good-morning” every day. He’s a hard worker and very kind.
Andrew is the younger, quieter one. He’s a hard worker and always willing to engage in conversation.

I 100% recommend this trip. I had an extra special experience with Bullet, but I can tell you I was already having the trip of a lifetime before that happened. Imagine being surrounded by 5-6 great white sharks, gracefully swimming a foot away from you, acknowledging your existence but going about their own life. They check you out, determine you aren’t a threat, and continue on with their life in their domain. LOVE LOVE LOVE the Great White Sharks and Islander Charters! Thank you for my EPIC trip, and for making my dream come true. ❤❤❤

Reviewed October 14, 2019

Let me tell you about this amazing experience!

Just came back from a 5 day trip to the Guadalupe Island with Islander Charters and I already can't wait to go back and do this trip all over again.

The experience I had with this company and the crew will go down in my memories as a life changing experience. When it was the last day with the Islander crew, I didn't want to leave ever! The person I was in contact with was amazing! She answered any questions I had in a timely manner and gave us a list of things that we needed to bring so there was no rushing around the day of.

This company offer's you an experience that will be ingrained into your memories until the end. Trip of a life time with this incredible crew.

There is really nothing I can say against this company and the crew members. While on the boat the crew made sure all our needs were met and were super friendly!

The boat was absolutely beautiful with a roomy topside deck, the bunk room were also very adorable and comfy along with a open galley that also had a TV so there were movie nights!

The whole crew including the Captain were super friendly and very knowledgeable about everything and anything! The chef was also very accommodating to everyone!

There were three days of diving in a cage while attached to a hookah. Let me tell you its such a difference being able to stay under for long periods of time, will not regret it! On day 2 we got to meet a HUGE (16+) shark named Bullet who is the most beautiful shark you've ever seen! If you get cold they also have a Jacuzzi in the middle of the deck that you can just hop into!

Like the departure packet says, "you will never go hungry." That was the truth! The chef was so amazing, If someone woke up late (like myself for instance) he would ask if I've had breakfast and if I didn't he would make me breakfast on the spot! A truly amazing guy! He prepared all of our meals (3 meals a day and snacks) and let me tell you, it was some of the best food I've had!

When you go on this trip with Islander Charters you will board the bus as strangers but leave as friends. That is something that can never be replaced, the bond that you will make on this trip!

10/10 will recommend but also planning my next trip with this Islander Charters and the crew.

Reviewed October 13, 2019

I just returned from an amazing and unforgettable Shark Diving trip to Guadalupe Island with Islander Charters.

What an incredible experience. The Folks at Islander Charters offer the offer their customers an experience of a life time to cage dive with the Magnificent Great White sharks that frequent the waters around Guadalupe Island MX.

The trip was awesome. From my very first contact with Islander Charters to the last day of the journey, I've got nothing but praise for this company and this trip.

Their boat, the Islander is a beautiful boat with a roomy deck topside a comfortable galley area and comfortable spacious cabins below decks.

The crew are an awesome group (team really) of friendly knowledgeable guys who bent over backwards to ensure that everyone had a great experience.

We saw sharks all 3 days of the dive and were even treated to a surprise visit from Lucy the Mega shark. A beautiful shark of 18ft long.

Everything we needed was provided for us. Great food, (3 meals and snacks each day) even as selection of beer and wine to enjoy in the evening after the days diving was complete.

This company is great, the people and boat are top notch.

If you are looking for an experience of a life time, I would highly recommend Is Islander Charters.

You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank MichaelW12022