Review Highlights
Excellent

I used Islander Charters 4 times in the past. Sadly a planned 5th trip was postponed due to COVID... read more

Reviewed April 28, 2023
brianjO7767BB
Aberdeen, Maryland
via mobile
Hoping Great White tours resume.

We too were booked for a Charter to Guadalupe island. We are most appreciative to Juliet for their... read more

Reviewed April 25, 2023

from $65.00
from $72.00
from $85.00
More Info
All reviews great whites guadalupe island mexican government shark action charter company marine life cage crew safety boat conservation companies
Selected filters
Reviewed September 27, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had an absolutely wonderful time on the 5 day Great White diving trip! The crew was wonderful and there were so many sharks! The chefs even went out of their way to provide us vegan meals that were delicious! We hope to return someday.

Date of experience: September 2018
1  Thank 778alixb
Reviewed September 26, 2018

Everything about this trip completely exceeded my expectations! The sharks, amazing crew, delicious food, and comfortable boat! If you are looking for a run of the mill experience, look elsewhere! This is the best company in the world for shark diving! They have even been featured on Discovery Channel! I loved joking with the crew and felt completely at home the whole time. The divemaster Jimi was extremely knowledgeable and friendly! Jake and Eric in the Galley were a delight and made some of the best food ive had in months! I will absolutely go with them again!

Date of experience: September 2018
1  Thank nicolecalcagno12
Reviewed August 19, 2018

I've always loved sharks. Who doesn't love Shark Week? This was a trip of a lifetime! I went with Islander Charters last October to Guadalupe Island to cage dive with the Great White sharks. Yes, the same Great Whites that are seen on Shark Week! Never once, did I feel unsafe! First of all, the sharks aren't brutal killers that movies and some Shark Week shows want you to fear. But more importantly, the crew is what made this trip a success. From the second I boarded the bus in San Diego, until the second I arrived back, everything was organized. Not only were my wants and needs met, but they were anticipated. The crew knows the nervousness and excitement that comes along with getting in a cage with these amazing creatures. They walk you through safety. They emphasize safety. The food was amazing. We even had lobster that were caught by local fisherman one night. Don't like seafood, no problem, they will cook you something that you do like. There were 15 people on board that trip last October. 4 of those, along with myself have booked another trip for this year at the same time! Not only did I get a better understanding of sharks, but I made lifelong friends who share my passion about sharks. The crew, the boat, the food, the feeling of safety - I don't know that it can be matched by any other boat. IF YOU LOVE GREAT WHITE SHARKS, THIS IS THE BEST BOAT, BEST TRIP YOU CAN PURCHASE!

Date of experience: October 2017
Reviewed August 17, 2018 via mobile

I actually went back in Oct 2016 bit have booked to go again this year. I know it is expensive but the justification is the distance and the effort the crew have to go to in order to get you to the sharks and to lure the sharks. The cage is big, far more comfortable than any other shark diving experience I have had. The food is equisite. You literally get up have an entire day in the cages seeing great whites and get fed decent food at decent intervals. Jimi the dive master certainly enjoys his job and that enthusiasm eminates to everyone on board. Everyone on my trip was extremely social and any nerves I had going alone were gone 5 mins into the trip. The sharks.... What can I say. They were big, at times slow, at times fast and at times down right next to the cage. If you have even a tiny bit of interest in white sharks this will not disappoint. Don't waste time trying to see white sharks anywhere else in the world because you won't see so many and in such clear waters as you do in Guadalupe. I raved about it so much I managed to get my girlfriend bro come this time!!!!! Worth every penny.

Date of experience: October 2017
Reviewed July 27, 2018 via mobile

I had the pleasure of shark diving with Jimi and the Islander crew in November with my 16 year old daughter. It was an amazing experience. Not only did we see sharks EVERY time we were in the cage, but we learned a lot about shark behavior and identification from the crew. The rooms were comfortable and the food was excellent. I enjoyed the trip so much that I just booked a return trip with my 15 year old son!

Date of experience: November 2017