“Great White Adventure”
Review of Islander Charters

Islander Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Islander Charters, Inc. Is an ocean adventure based company specializing in 5 day, all inclusive, Great White Shark cage diving trips to Guadalupe Island Mexico (departing from San Diego, CA). Join us for an incredible experience you'll never forget seeing majestic Great White Sharks from the safety of our non-collapsible cages in their natural habitat. It is the trip of a lifetime!
Reviewed September 24, 2016

It is just like Discovery Channel's Shark Week - up close and personal. While the boat is slow and sometimes bumpy, you'll forget all about that once diving. Crew was a friendly and a great help. There was a set schedule to dive, but that dissipated by the first afternoon and you could go down as much as you wanted. I spent three hours on one dive. Visibility was great and the sharks accommodating. Highly recommended.

Date of experience: September 2016
in 3 reviews
"bait fish"
"water visibility"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this trip"
in 5 reviews
"the galley"
in 6 reviews
"awesome crew"
"always felt safe"

Reviewed May 24, 2016

I went on a Guadalupe trip with Islander Charters in October of 2015 and I couldn't be more impressed. The crew, boat, and food were top notch! I never once had to ask for anything and was taken care of the entire time. The sharks were incredible as we saw sharks on every time in the cage! I will definitely be doing this again! I highly recommend Islander Charters to anyone thinking about going to Guadalupe, you won't be disappointed!

2  Thank K2520IOrichardb
Reviewed March 1, 2016

Fun group on our Oct 2015 trip to Guadalupe. For anyone looking for 5 star accomodations, this isn't it but anyone looking for a laid back trip with lots of knowledgeable people, this is worth it. It's also great that the staff will stop or slow down along the way to give you time to see the dolphins, whales & other sea life that may show up.

The crew is helpful, the food is plentiful & there throughout the day so you can keep hydrated & fed inbetween dives.

No shortage of big sharks to see. I did False Bay in South Africa a few months earlier & saw even bigger & more curious sharks in Guadalupe (in warmer water!). JImmy & the crew are there to answer questions, offer insight & make the trip more enjoyable. The sharks here are much more curious & approach the cages so you can get many pictures of a lifetime easily. There is no shortage of cage time & it may take a little while to get the sharks there on the first dive, but once they show up, you'll see all you ever hoped to see.

My only negative of the whole trip was breaking my hand on the trip out. The crew quickly did what they could to bind it up which I appreciated. Did make getting in the cage a bit more challenging but everyone stepped up to help. I was a bit disappointed nobody bothered to check on how I was after we returned. Oh well.

If you like laid back, good people with a lot of knowledge, good food & BIG sharks, this is for you.

3  Thank Patti W
Reviewed October 29, 2015

This was a bucket list trip for me and it went way beyond what I expected. The close encounters with ENORMOUS sharks literally within 1 - 3 feet of the cage made this the trip of a lifetime. When they turn and face you, there's something primordial in you that says I shouldn't be here, but I knew I was safe in the cage and I was able to capture the moment on film to share with all my family and friends. I can't emphasize enough, this trip is amazing!! The captain Jason is super knowledgeable and approachable, and ensured that we saw dolphins, whales, and seals on the trip to/from Guadalupe Island. The dive master Jimi from Shark Diving Xperts answered all our questions and made sure that we had the BEST dive experience possible. The crew, especially Rick the Chef, made it a 5 star trip. This is a MUST DO trip!! I traveled as a single unaccompanied female and felt totally safe, please consider it!!

7  Thank Christine V