Review Highlights
Excellent

I used Islander Charters 4 times in the past. Sadly a planned 5th trip was postponed due to COVID... read more

Reviewed April 28, 2023
brianjO7767BB
Aberdeen, Maryland
via mobile
Hoping Great White tours resume.

We too were booked for a Charter to Guadalupe island. We are most appreciative to Juliet for their... read more

Reviewed April 25, 2023
Brian N
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around San Diego
More Info
All reviews great whites guadalupe island mexican government shark action charter company marine life cage crew safety boat conservation companies
Selected filters
Reviewed July 10, 2015 via mobile

Top notch food and drink from chef. Great crew, super friendly. If you want to see sharks it is best to go with them. They are the best fishermen in the fleet, and know how to find the big fish.

Date of experience: September 2014
1  Thank mikeybuffalo
Reviewed July 9, 2015

I used to be a scuba diver who was deathly afraid to dive in the ocean because the movie JAWS haunted me. I knew I needed to face my greatest fear. Islander Charters helped me move from the impossible to the biggest GW shark advocate there is. The crew was extremely knowledgeable and professional. So much so that my fears never even had a chance to surface because I knew immediately that I was safe in their care. This is saying a lot because anyone who knows me will tell you that I had the greatest fear of these sharks. Well, any sharks for that matter! The crew invited the Guadalupe island marine biologist aboard and he gave us all a fascinating presentation. Being a high school biology teacher, I have thoroughly enjoyed sharing my experience and what I learned with my students. I would love to return to Guadalupe on Islander Charters some day to learn even more. These sharks are so misunderstood. Their role as apex predators is so very important in our world. The waters of Guadalupe are incredibly pristine so there are no surprise visits...you can see the sharks from a great distance. I loved watching how the elephant seals actually had the advantage in the clear waters and even picked on the sharks! My husband and I will always treasure the relationships we made with our fellow divers and crew. Several divers from our trip have returned on Islander Charters to Guadalupe. My husband and I hope to do so one day. My favorite sharks were Tzizimitzl (Air Demon) and Bella....beautiful and majestic females. Their photos decorate an entire wall in my classroom. I cannot say enough great things about Islander Charters...the vessel, the crew, the education, the food were top notch!!!! I now actually seek dive trips that center around sharks! Thank you, Islander Charters!!!

Date of experience: October 2014
3  Thank Heather N
Reviewed July 9, 2015

I am a shark lover and I was saving money for this trip since high school (really!), when it finally happened in Nov 2012. The way to the island is looong, but when I saw the first fin on the surface, I was certain it had already been worth it. You go inside the cage and see sharks coming from the bottom, sides and behind the cage – its crazy!
At that time, I didn’t have a scuba diving license, but it was fine; you just need to pay attention on their instructions.
The crew was just great (plus: they have a shark expert on the boat)!! Food was also a highlight of this trip.

Date of experience: August 2014
Reviewed July 9, 2015

My husband and I had a wonderful experience! The crew was awesome and caught us and cooked up some fresh tuna on the second day! I would recommend to everyone!

Date of experience: August 2014
1  Thank Jennifer N
Reviewed July 9, 2015

I've wanted to cage-dive with white sharks for years, and finally my nephew had heard me talk about it long enough, and insisted that we go. We couldn't have asked for a better trip, with at least one shark - usually two or three - visible on every single rotation the whole time we were anchored at the island. Being in the water with those amazing animals was indescribable - my nephew (a lawyer who turned 42 on the trip) never came out of the water without shouting "awesome!" The crew were very knowledgeable, friendly, and obviously competent, and the food was great. If you want to dive with great white sharks (I don't know why so many of my friends think I'm crazy), then this is the trip for you.

Date of experience: September 2014