Review Highlights
Wow! Eye to Eye with Great White Sharks - exhilarating

My shark dive experience at Guadalupe Island was outstanding. I have never done any cage diving... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
CliffVP
Folsom, California
The life of your time.

Just book it! This may be long, but worth it. If you are looking for the ultimate adventure... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Chris M

Recommended experiences in and around San Diego
from $27.00
from $40.00
from $69.89
from $102.65
More Info
All reviews great white sharks great whites guadalupe island shark week dive master diving trip bucket list trip discovery channel amazing trip large sharks underwater camera bait fish water visibility highly recommend this trip the galley awesome crew always felt safe
Reviewed July 5, 2015

This trip had been on my bucket list for a long time, and it was truly one of the best trips I have ever taken. I went in October 2013. We saw tons of sharks, and the visibility was outstanding. The crew was phenomenal, the food was wonderful, and I had a blast with 2 new friends I had met on the boat. We had warm, sunny weather, and even though I was occasionally seasick, I would do this trip again in a second. It was extraordinary. I can't wait to go again!!! I highly recommend this trip.

1  Thank Christie123456
Reviewed July 3, 2015

This is something I've wanted to do since I took a UCLA extension course on sharks in the 6th grade. I did my research and picked Islander Charters based on multiple criteria and they lived up to my expectations.

The trip couldn't have been better from stem to stern. My wife and I boarded the boat and the crew each introduced themselves and took our bags right away. My wife was a little nervous but I showed her that the welding quality on the cages was perfect. Safety and education are an integral part of the trip

I have traveled all over the world and I can tell you that passengers on this boat are taken care of like at a 5 star resort from the Captain, Divemaster, Crew and Chef (yes Chef not cook). There is absolutely no hope of a cell phone signal on the island so it was very social on deck and in the cabin (the boat has a sat. phone for emergencies). Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks desserts were all made from scratch and foodie worthy but also just extremely tasty.

We were on station no more than a minute or two and a nice 12 footer showed up to greet us. The visibility was unbelievable! Tiny iridescent invertebrates floated by between the shark visits. I even saw a Wahoo swim right by the cage!

I got some fabulous video on a GoPro and attached a photo extracted from it. On the video you can hear the guy next to me say F#@!in' A!!! so I didn't post it....

These are amazing creatures underwater and while I felt completely safe in the cage, coming face to face with one underwater was a feeling I'll never forget and Islander Charters really did a fabulous job and plan to go again and I have referred many friends to them who are interested.

Steven F - La Jolla

Reviewed July 2, 2015

My wife gave this trip to me for my birthday. It was the best gift that she ever gave me. The seas were a bit rough on the journey to and from the island ( you can only blame mother nature). I saw sharks EVERY time that I got into the water. The staff was great, helpful , and a lot of fun. I will be going again.

Date of experience: September 2014
Reviewed July 2, 2015 via mobile

Diving with Great a White sharks was at the top of my bucket list when I decided to take the plunge and book a cage diving trip with these majestic creatures. I saw Islander Charters featured during Shark Week and booked a week long trip with them. It was a great decision. From the start every crew member's professionalism, dedication to providing a memorable trip for everyone, and passion for the Sharks was clear. We saw numerous different sharks each day; the crew often working overnight to chum the waters to bring them in. During the evenings guest speakers, or the crew spoke to us about conservation efforts we can be involved in or helped us identify sharks we had seen during the day. Safety was key. I never felt in danger, even as the crew brought the Sharks in close to the cages. The food and accommodations were fine; clean berths. If you've ever considered a trip like this, this is the organization to go with. You will have the tripod a lifetime.

Reviewed July 2, 2015

I've done ALOT of adventure travel all over the world ... This was by far one of the top trips / adventures so far !! ... and best of all I was able to share this experience with my son.

The visibility (water quality) at Guadalupe is as good as it gets for watching and filming sharks ... I could say more but simply check out the video at

- Lindsay (aka Squidman)