“Nice Old Theater that shows offbeat shows”

Horton Grand Theatre
Ranked #166 of 434 things to do in San Diego
Los Angeles, CA
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“Nice Old Theater that shows offbeat shows”
Reviewed December 23, 2011

Went there on a whim while staying around the corner and was thoroughly entertained.

San Diego, California
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Mixtape”
Reviewed December 6, 2011

My friend recently treated me to the Mixtape show at the Lamb’s Players Theatre as an early Christmas present. I haven’t heard anything about the play so I had no preconceived idea about it at all. My friend was having the worst day, ended up going to the show without dinner, in a bad mood, the whole nine yards. Once the curtain went up, we had such a great time that she forgot all of the problems of the day so it was a real treat for everyone. Mixtape is basically a medley of the popular tunes from the 80s and 90s with a retrospect to the significant events during those two decades. Most of the crowd was our age so I thought we appreciated the humor since we lived during those times but even the kids were totally into the show. If you enjoy a good laugh and love music, Mixtape is a hilarious show to watch. Apparently the show has been playing for the past two years and got extended through February of next year so there is still time if you want to check it. We loved it and I am a fan!

Visited November 2011