“All meals are only $10.00”
Review of Urban Plates

Urban Plates
Ranked #226 of 4,987 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Fresh, tasty and good hearty selections. Servings are a good size. Its cafeteria style seating. Love it here!

Reviewed February 18, 2014

This is not the place to go if you want a gourmet meal, but if you want good food freshly cooked at rock bottom prices, it represents unbelievable value. A main course for $10.99! We both had the most superb steak, cooked in front of us, to exactly the rareness which we wanted, and well trimmed. You have to wait in line as you choose your food, but it only took us a few minutes, and we were able to choose our wine at the end of the line. I suppose the downside is that the food cools slightly as you wait to pay, and at busy times, the line will be longer, and you might find it difficult to find a table, but overall this is a great find for a quick great value meal.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

The line out the door is only one indication of how popular this place is - but don't let the crowd deter you. The service is fast and efficient and the line moves fast. Salads, sandwiches, soup and decadent desserts are only some of the offerings at this wonderful restaurant. The prices are reasonable and the portions are big enough to take extra food home. It can be noisy at lunch time, so either try for an outside table or time your visit a little early or late.

Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

I love this restaurant, my son and daughter too. The food is delicious, absolutely delicious. The food is generous, healthy, and delicious. I wish they had an urban plates restaurant in my hometown. If I lived in San Diego, I would go very often. It is highly recommended.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Being a neighbor to this restaurant, I eat here at least once a week.It is nicely decorated, has great and healthy food, the service is fast and the price is reasonable. I'm so glad I have UP in my neighborhood!