WINNER WONDERLAND

Brazen BBQ Smokehouse & Bar
Ranked #693 of 4,615 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“OMG - Outstanding Food & Drinks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

I ordered the Brisket and Pork Spare Rib combo platter; while waiting I had a cucumber martini; the martini was delicious and refreshing, the brisket was so tender and the taste was outstanding; I would say it was the best brisket I have ever had, the pork spare ribs were nicely smoked and tender. I am ready to return San Diego just to eat at Brazen again.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank tommym2u

Plymouth, United Kingdom
“More a bar than a restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

This seems to be a bar which just happens to sell fast food - the decor did nothing to add to it's appeal for us. The food & service were both fine but we felt like we were eating in a railway station concourse & the bar seemed to be the main attraction. We ate here at the start of our 3 week stay in San Diego & did not bother to go again, although it was the closest restaurant to our hotel.

Visited May 2012
Del Mar, California
“Missed on a couple of levels”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

This restaurant was recommended by a local several weeks ago, so I checked the reviews on TA and I was a little leery about the mixed comments about this place. We decided to try it anyway and it turned out to be a disappointment, the not so good TA reviews were very accurate. We ordered several items and the consensus was it is a very below average BBQ restaurant, nothing special. The ribs were over cooked and dry and the pulled pork sandwich was tasteless. The sides in general were another disappointment, especially the mac and cheese, it was over cooked and very dry. The restaurant is a little pricey, $80 for 4 people at lunch for so-so food. We don't plan on coming back.

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
San Diego, California
“I absolutely love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

Ever since Brazen BBQ opened in Hillcrest my partner and I have loved it! Their service is AWESOME! It is the only place that has real southern style sweet tea that is brewed FRESH! Being from the South it is really nice to have some southern style food around in a place that is full of nasty "organic" crap! I usually get the pulled pork sandwhich with coleslaw on top and smother it with their specialty BBQ sauces! For side dishes I get the crusted mac and cheese and baked beans! It is so delicious! If you are in the area I highly recommend this place to try if you are in the mood for a good meal.

• Visited May 2012
San Diego, California
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

I'm a lover of BBQ and I was impressed. The brisket was delicious. So many layers of flavor and the pulled pork sandwiches were delightful as well. We will be back for sure.

Visited April 2012