“Great Tasting Food”

Harbor Greek Cafe
Ranked #1,258 of 4,932 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is one restaurant that I highly recommend to visitors in the area. It is always packed during lunch but it is definitely worth the wait. The food here is delicious and the staff is awesome, they are always friendly and fast. My usual food here is the Gyros sandwich special or the Chicken & Gyros combo plate. They have a lot of variety of choices so anyone can find something good to eat. There are a lot of restaurant choices in the area but this is one of my favorites. Most people I recommend this restaurant to are repeat customers as well.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I am so glad that I live in Palm Springs and not to close to this restaurant because its so good and I would always be eating there. Its That GOOD!. I had the grilled half of chicken dinner with Greek salad and my husband had beef and lamb plate, I wanted to eat all his lamb after trying it, but I didn't of course. Anyhow every time I come to San Diego im definitely going to the Harbor Greek Café.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

A couple of weeks ago I returned from Greece. This cafe had the authentic food I remember. Great varietal of Greek food, quickly and full of flavor.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

This little eatery is located in a small strip-type shopping center just west of the airport. Simple seating inside, and a very small patio on the outside facing the parking lot. It has a simple decor - you order at the counter and the food is then brought to you. The quality of the food is what makes this place a standout. The food is fresh -- nothing processed. The yogurt sauce is consistently tangy (unlike some Greek restaurants), the marinade on the chicken kabobs is delicious and I love the vegetable kabobs. As others have said, the portions are good and the prices reasonable. The owner is wonderful. I don't know his name, but he always stops what he's doing to say hello and chat for a moment when I arrive.

You can eat at the cafe or order takeout and enjoy your meal at the park that runs along the harbor across the street (or anywhere else for that matter - the location is close to so many scenic spots). The lights of downtown San Diego glitter in the evening from the park, or take your feast to Sunset Cliffs and watch the spectacular sunset while you eat. My partner and I enjoy the food so much we typically order take out from this place at least once per week.

If you are in this area of San Diego and want fresh, flavorful food, you can't go wrong with this place.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

We ate on the patio, a must.Shrimp was the best, Huge!! service was great. Great atmosphere!! we were able to have a table of our choice. very clean and not understaffed. Building was very appealing.