“The best Lamb I've ever had!”
Review of Harbor Greek Cafe

Harbor Greek Cafe
Ranked #1,110 of 4,749 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Key Largo, Florida
“The best Lamb I've ever had!”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I am so glad that I live in Palm Springs and not to close to this restaurant because its so good and I would always be eating there. Its That GOOD!. I had the grilled half of chicken dinner with Greek salad and my husband had beef and lamb plate, I wanted to eat all his lamb after trying it, but I didn't of course. Anyhow every time I come to San Diego im definitely going to the Harbor Greek Café.

• Visited June 2013

San Diego, California, United States
“Reminds me of Athens”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

A couple of weeks ago I returned from Greece. This cafe had the authentic food I remember. Great varietal of Greek food, quickly and full of flavor.

• Visited April 2013
San Diego, CA
“Love, Love, Love Harbor Greek Cafe!”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

This little eatery is located in a small strip-type shopping center just west of the airport. Simple seating inside, and a very small patio on the outside facing the parking lot. It has a simple decor - you order at the counter and the food is then brought to you. The quality of the food is what makes this place a standout. The food is fresh -- nothing processed. The yogurt sauce is consistently tangy (unlike some Greek restaurants), the marinade on the chicken kabobs is delicious and I love the vegetable kabobs. As others have said, the portions are good and the prices reasonable. The owner is wonderful. I don't know his name, but he always stops what he's doing to say hello and chat for a moment when I arrive.

You can eat at the cafe or order takeout and enjoy your meal at the park that runs along the harbor across the street (or anywhere else for that matter - the location is close to so many scenic spots). The lights of downtown San Diego glitter in the evening from the park, or take your feast to Sunset Cliffs and watch the spectacular sunset while you eat. My partner and I enjoy the food so much we typically order take out from this place at least once per week.

If you are in this area of San Diego and want fresh, flavorful food, you can't go wrong with this place.

• Visited March 2013
Estevan, Canada
“Awesome shrimp”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We ate on the patio, a must.Shrimp was the best, Huge!! service was great. Great atmosphere!! we were able to have a table of our choice. very clean and not understaffed. Building was very appealing.

Visited January 2013
Rochester, Minnesota
“The Jewel of Liberty Station”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

The menu calls the Harbor Greek Cafe the Jewel of Liberty Station. This small cafe winds up as a continued favorite every time we visit San Diego. The menu is broken down into Appetizers, Sandwiches, Entrees, Kabobs, Soups,and Salads. Also included is a kid's menu. Soft drinks, beer, wine, coffee and tea are available.
The seating area is small, with what appears to be a number of folks picking up to-go orders. We've been there as a group of six, and enjoyed a relaxing dinner.
Nothing really fancy, though all meals have consistenly been fresh, tasty, and very reasonably priced. Portions are generous. If you're looking for a quick snack, or just don't feel like making a long trek out to eat, please give them a try.

• Visited December 2012