“Reminds me of Athens” 5 of 5 bubbles

Harbor Greek Cafe
Ranked #1,050 of 4,647 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
San Diego, California, United States
“Reminds me of Athens”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

A couple of weeks ago I returned from Greece. This cafe had the authentic food I remember. Great varietal of Greek food, quickly and full of flavor.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

San Diego, CA
“Love, Love, Love Harbor Greek Cafe!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

This little eatery is located in a small strip-type shopping center just west of the airport. Simple seating inside, and a very small patio on the outside facing the parking lot. It has a simple decor - you order at the counter and the food is then brought to you. The quality of the food is what makes this place a standout. The food is fresh -- nothing processed. The yogurt sauce is consistently tangy (unlike some Greek restaurants), the marinade on the chicken kabobs is delicious and I love the vegetable kabobs. As others have said, the portions are good and the prices reasonable. The owner is wonderful. I don't know his name, but he always stops what he's doing to say hello and chat for a moment when I arrive.

You can eat at the cafe or order takeout and enjoy your meal at the park that runs along the harbor across the street (or anywhere else for that matter - the location is close to so many scenic spots). The lights of downtown San Diego glitter in the evening from the park, or take your feast to Sunset Cliffs and watch the spectacular sunset while you eat. My partner and I enjoy the food so much we typically order take out from this place at least once per week.

If you are in this area of San Diego and want fresh, flavorful food, you can't go wrong with this place.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Estevan, Canada
“Awesome shrimp”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

We ate on the patio, a must.Shrimp was the best, Huge!! service was great. Great atmosphere!! we were able to have a table of our choice. very clean and not understaffed. Building was very appealing.

Visited January 2013
Rochester, Minnesota
“The Jewel of Liberty Station”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

The menu calls the Harbor Greek Cafe the Jewel of Liberty Station. This small cafe winds up as a continued favorite every time we visit San Diego. The menu is broken down into Appetizers, Sandwiches, Entrees, Kabobs, Soups,and Salads. Also included is a kid's menu. Soft drinks, beer, wine, coffee and tea are available.
The seating area is small, with what appears to be a number of folks picking up to-go orders. We've been there as a group of six, and enjoyed a relaxing dinner.
Nothing really fancy, though all meals have consistenly been fresh, tasty, and very reasonably priced. Portions are generous. If you're looking for a quick snack, or just don't feel like making a long trek out to eat, please give them a try.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
San Diego, California
“Fantastic food and marvelous service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

I have been eating here since they opened.
I love the food and the people are friendly and efficient.
I'm such a regular that I have gotten to know the owner, as I do at any restaurant I frequent often.
He is proud of the quality ingredients in his food and expects excellent service of his employees.
I laugh when I see the young American employees interpret his straight-forward communication style as yelling, they seem to get upset until the mature ones realize he was right (it cracks me up).
I feel at home here and I only notice these things because I'm there so often.
The daily specials are a good value.

• Visited September 2012