All reviews basketball court bedroom suite bbq area full kitchen social hour fire pit restaurants and shopping exercise room free breakfast small kitchen quiet room nice pool rooms are large room key nice stay housekeeping ihg
Selected filters
Reviewed February 5, 2019 via mobile

Stayed here one night in early February.

Pluses: large studio with kitchen, tv, separate toilet/shower room. Room was clean with lots of light & outlets. AC worked ok. Bed was firm. Hot Breakfast was nice. Ample lighted parking.

Not so:
Exercise room had no towels and an extremely old elliptical and tread. I typically can do 45/60 minutes on any decent elliptical - theirs I was in pain after 10. WiFi kept disconnecting had to be renewed on all devices (2 phones & 2 laptops). If you get here late (after 9pm) remaining food choice a Subway - 2 miles away a Chili’s til 10:30.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites San Diego - Sorrento Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2019

Regman2all,

It would have been nice to hear that your stay was perfect, but I recognized it wasn't possible because of the issues you had with our fitness center and Wifi. Our goal is to provide a trouble-free experience, and what you described certainly fell short of that. To ensure the property lives up to the Staybridge Suites standards, I've alerted their management about your feedback for review. They will make sure that proper actions are taken so this doesn't happen again.

Thanks for choosing to stay with us and for being our guest. Give us another try! We'll do our best make it better next time.

All the best,

Joel A

Reviewed December 29, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights. The exterior is very nice but the interior is old and worn. Rooms are small for suites. Hallways need to be vacuumed. The basketball court is nice and they have a good grass area for animals and kids.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites San Diego - Sorrento Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2019

Hi bethsD676,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is nice to see that you found your stay to your satisfaction.

I am sorry to learn some issues you had with the cleanliness of the hallways and conditions of the hotel. We aim to be able to support you in your journey to success and your comments value to us. I have shared this with the management team for improvements needed.

We appreciate you as our guest and hope we can welcome you back and provide you with a better experience in the future.

Best,

Christian C.

Reviewed November 30, 2018

I checked in the first night and went to sleep without really looking at the room in detail. In the morning, I noticed a used q-tip in the bathroom garbage, an M&M in the middle of the living room floor, and that the YMCA-style conditioner dispenser on the wall in the shower was empty. Hey, these things happen.

I told the front desk that morning about the three items, and when I got back that evening, they had not replenished the conditioner, so I am not sure how much they paid attention. There are a lot of places you can stay around here, and my advice is to stay somewhere else since if I can see things they don't clean, I wonder about the things I can't. It does make me wonder if the sheets had been changed,..

Very sparse workout facility: One treadmill. One eliptical. No towels the second day. No sanitizing wipes either day.

Good breakfast. Friendly 3 to 11PM front desk manager. But, "not clean" is too much for me.

Room tip: Try a hotel down the road.
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites San Diego - Sorrento Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2018

Hello 72850007,

Thank you for taking a moment to let us know how we're doing; we value feedback of all varieties. I am thrilled to hear that our good breakfast and sleep quality contributed in making your experience comfortable and memorable. On the other hand, it sounds like we missed the mark in a couple areas on our cleanliness, and for that I am truly sorry. Don't worry, we'll make sure your comments will not be taken lightly & will be forwarded to the hotel for necessary corrective actions.

Please come back and create some more good memories with us.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed October 13, 2018

This is a good place to stay if you are visiting north San Diego. The check-in staff are welcoming and the rooms are large and have a well equipped kitchen. Parking is free and easy to find a place. The breakfast is very good and a nice surprise is that you can eat off proper crockery rather than the usual polystyrene! I would suggest asking for a room at the back of the hotel overlooking the swimming pool as the front can be noisy – it overlook a car wash. They also serve a light meal three days a week; Monday-Wednesday 5:30-7:30. The best part of this is that they have beer on tap - a local IPA which was very good! There’s a food court across the road with a Subway and Burger King but the nearest grocery store I found, a Vons, you had to drive to as it was a few miles away.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed September 13, 2018 via mobile

Was a very nice property, but missed 5 stars due to ants all over random surfaces in room. Was only there 3 nights, but never a change in number of ants. None got to the bed or sitting surfaces, but made me wonder about their pest control plan. Would still consider them again, tho.

Date of stay: September 2018