“Our local”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed December 24, 2013

It became our local while my mates and I were in San Diego, which says it all. Good range of beers, decent food, and pleasant service.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

I really wish I could give out ½ stars...so I could rate this stop with "2½" stars. We stopped here at about 4pm on a Saturday, and the place was not super busy. We easily found seats at the bar. The Atmosphere is nice, as i the tavern has both indoor and outdoor (covered) bar seating, as well as indoor tables. There were two bartenders on, and it still took about 5-10 minutes before we were acknowledged by Tiffany, and another few before she delivered our beer. We asked for menus, made our decision, and had to flag down the other bartender to place our food order, because Tiffany was busy doing shots. We decided on grilled chicken strips, with BBQ sauce. The male bartender made it a point to double check the type of sauce, and ask if wanted ranch or bleu dipping sauce on the side. We did not. Our food arrived about 15-20 minutes later. Unfortunately, it was not at all what we ordered. We were presented with buffalo chicken strips (though they were grilled) and ranch dipping sauce. No one ever bothered to check to see if everything was ok, and we really did not want to wait longer, so we ate it. It was definitely average bar food, as others have mentioned. I also do not understand the 4 & 5 star ratings.

Tiffany did eventually stop by to see if we wanted another, and we told her no, that would be all. She then wandered off and started to talking to a gentleman who was standing outside the bar, on the street. After waiting about 10 more minutes (she must have been having a great conversation!) we finally got the attention of the other bartender, got our check, and were able to leave.

I would really hate to see what service would be like on a busy game day...

Reviewed November 28, 2013

We try to stop by the Gaslamp Tavern whenever we are in San Diego. And as always we are never disappointed, great crew great eats cold beer, how can you go wrong

Reviewed November 11, 2013

My friends and I were trying to find somewhere for easy dinner and drinks on a Saturday night and settled on the Gaslamp Tavern based on TA reviews. I don't get where all the excellent reviews are coming from since it appeared to just be a standard bar to me, I had a pizza which was doughy and bland.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

This place won't be for everyone, but it's definitely a great spot.
I happened upon it because there were plenty of people wearing football jerseys (at least 8 teams represented) on a Sunday.
The locals introduce themselves, the bartenders remember your name (and your beverage) and the bar food is well above average.
It's a place where the windows are open, people smoke, someone will order a shot. I like how the staff readily shouts out to regular customers who happen to walk by the street.
If you're looking for pompous high class, go elsewhere. If you want real San Diego, this is a great spot.