“Drunk Food” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Royal Thai Cuisine - CLOSED

Royal Thai Cuisine
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Downtown San Diego location. There are two others (Newport Beach and Laguna Beach, see URL for details).
Santiago, Chile
“Drunk Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

This food is good for the late night after binge drinking. The food is incredibly greasy. And the food is not spicy at all. I ask for level 5 out of 10, but it was like no spices at all added. The steam fish ordered came out pan fried. The service was horrible too. Not friendly, especially the young girl who barely speaks English.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Dallas, Texas
“Relaxing enviornment - nice dinner special”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

My husband were very impressed to find this restaurant in the Gas Lamp District. NIcer and quieter atmosphere than most of the other "party" places. They also offered a reasonable dinner special which included, 2 spring or vegetarian rools, soup, an entree and dessert. Delicious food and great service. Restaurant filled up nicely by the time we left so it obvious is a favorite.

Mississauga, Canada
“royally good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

We enjoyed the food at Royal Thai so much that we went back again. First time, there was a group of 9 and they promptly arranged a few tables together with no fuss and has us seated and drinks in no time. Friends recommended this restaurant, especially the royal duck. It was a huge portion of 1/2 crispy duck on a nicely decorated platter that could easily have been for 2, and steamed rice. My husband had the full meal selection including appetizer, soup, main and dessert, all of which was $17.95. Wine prices were very reasonable as well. So dinner for 2 including gratuities was $60, and service was prompt and polite.

Newport, RI
“Very good.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

We were very pleased with our dinner. Good variety.

I had a salad and spring rolls rather than a full meal. Large portion sizes.

The others in my party ordered from a prix fixe menu. Large portions, reasonably priced for all that they got. Appetizer, entree, dessert. Although I didn't have any of their meal, they were very pleased. One member of our party returned a couple nights later.

Good location, in the heart of the Gaslamp district. If I were in the area again and craving Thai, I'd return.

Good service as well and nice atmosphere.

New London, Connecticut, United States
“Good Food, Superb Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

I had dinner at the Royal Thai Cuisine on April 23, 2013. I was promptly seated and given a menu upon arrival. The menu contained an extensive variety of Thai cuisines. I ordered the Oodles of Noodles along with a Sam Adams beer. I received my food within 5 minutes after placing my order. My meal contained a very generous serving of thai noodles with chicken and shrimp along with a variety of vegetables. My dinner was cooked to perfection, and everything tasted good. The price for my dinner was $10.95, which is very reasonable. If you are looking for good tasting thai food at very reasonable prices and good service, the Royal Thai Cuisine is a viable option.