“Very good.”
Review of Royal Thai Cuisine - CLOSED

Royal Thai Cuisine
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Downtown San Diego location. There are two others (Newport Beach and Laguna Beach, see URL for details).
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We were very pleased with our dinner. Good variety.

I had a salad and spring rolls rather than a full meal. Large portion sizes.

The others in my party ordered from a prix fixe menu. Large portions, reasonably priced for all that they got. Appetizer, entree, dessert. Although I didn't have any of their meal, they were very pleased. One member of our party returned a couple nights later.

Good location, in the heart of the Gaslamp district. If I were in the area again and craving Thai, I'd return.

Good service as well and nice atmosphere.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I had dinner at the Royal Thai Cuisine on April 23, 2013. I was promptly seated and given a menu upon arrival. The menu contained an extensive variety of Thai cuisines. I ordered the Oodles of Noodles along with a Sam Adams beer. I received my food within 5 minutes after placing my order. My meal contained a very generous serving of thai noodles with chicken and shrimp along with a variety of vegetables. My dinner was cooked to perfection, and everything tasted good. The price for my dinner was $10.95, which is very reasonable. If you are looking for good tasting thai food at very reasonable prices and good service, the Royal Thai Cuisine is a viable option.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

We wandered in off the street and got the 4 course menu special. We were pretty pleased. Fast service, and decent food. Our entrees were not very spicy, though. They tasted more like Chinese than Thai. But the Thai iced teas were yummy, and we went away quite satisfied for the money.

Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Food was very good! I had the chicken pad thai, my go-to dish if I am in a hurry. They were quick and responsive. Great lunch specials and the prices are great! Not very expensive and the quality and quantity of food is great!

Reviewed March 5, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our meal at this charming Thai restaurant within the Gaslamp District of San Diego. If you are looking for a nice meal at a reasonable price, then consider the 4-course $17 budget offering. It includes an appetizer (the fried chicken or vegetarian spring roll with sweet and sour sauce and shredded carrots and cabbage), Tom Yum soup (which is excellent), and an entree (there are approximately 8 to select from and we chose the green curry shrimp with Thai veggies, which very good), and dessert (coconut ice cream with fried bananas...yummy).

Overall, a good choice...easy to find and pleasant waitstaff.