“Hot curry”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Royal Thai Cuisine - CLOSED

Royal Thai Cuisine
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Downtown San Diego location. There are two others (Newport Beach and Laguna Beach, see URL for details).
Lexington
“Hot curry”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This was a great place to experience Thai food. I did pick a non-spicey dish but it was spicey. I ordered pinapple fried rice and it has a curry powder on the top that gave the dish the spice. I had to order a mango smoothie to cut the heat but the smoothie was lovely too.
Great place to dine alone as I did.

• Visited January 2013

Washington Twp., MI
“Yum Yum Thai at Royal Thai”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

If you love Thai do not miss The Royal Thai in the Gaslamp district. Everything we ordered was VERY delicious and as good as it could be made. I ordered mixed vegetable curry, my husband ordereed Gang Kearn wan with chicken and my son ordered Pad Thai. We all enjoyed every bite. We also ordered the appetizer sampler dish and it is a great choice.

• Visited December 2012
Rochester, MN
“Enjoyed my food”
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Royal Thai is a good little restaraunt in the Gas Lamp district in the heart of San Diego. I enjoyed the food, the green curry specifically, and the atmosphere. Authentic feel, reasonable prices ($12-15 / plate), tasty meal.

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Great thai food and good value”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We have eaten at a number of high end thai restaurants and have never had such good starters as the mixed starter here- it was amazing and is the main reason for the high score for this place. The main course was also really good- I would recommend the volcano chicken (it comes out of the kitchen on fire!)- it was really simple but tasty. If you have had really hot crying tiger in other thai restaurants then I wouldn't go for it here as it wasn't hot enough and wasn't as good as we have had before. Overall the food was great, the drinks were much cheaper than other places we had been to and the service was good- really friendly.

• Visited January 2013
Austin, Texas
“Thai-like food but far from traditional Thai”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

The restaurant is in a great location in the Gaslamp Quarter of SD. It can accommodate large parties and has a nice ambiance. In cold weather, try to sit near the interior of the restaurant as the front door has a strong draft. We were seated right away and service was very fast. We ordered a soup royale and Path Ka Paw. The soup's temperature was hot, ingredients were fresh, but it was under-seasoned. We also had the Path Ka Paw with tofu and ordered it extra spicy, but it was bland. The Path Ka Paw had very little tofu and a ton of white onions as filler. It was not seasoned properly. The overall flavor of our food was Thai-like but not traditional Thai.

• Visited December 2012