“Terrible all round, avoid at all costs!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Royal Thai Cuisine - CLOSED

Royal Thai Cuisine
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Downtown San Diego location. There are two others (Newport Beach and Laguna Beach, see URL for details).
Peterborough
“Terrible all round, avoid at all costs!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

Nothing positive at all to say about this place, service was awful, we weren't even asked for a drinks order & when we were the cocktail we ordered was wrong & then when they brought the correct cocktail it was revolting! Standard of food was very poor, we were rushed through in 35 mins, waiter was rude & brought us the cheque when we hadn't even asked for it. 15% service change is obligatory, was very tempted to pay the bill without it but didn't in the end.

There are so many better places to eat in the Gaslamp so in my opinion, avoid this place at all costs.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nice meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

Nice restaurant, good food. We were able to be seated outside on a very nice summer evening in san diego. Good location in the Gaslamp district. Lots of sidewalk traffic provided some unexpected entertainment and conversation topics. The portions were a little small but the food is definitely tasty. Reasonable prices. Enjoyed my dinner, but I wasn't blown away.

Visited August 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Thai Food at a Great Price.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

Great selections, lovely decor, good prices. Ate their twice during our visit. Lots of good apps as well as entrees.

Visited June 2012
Phoenix, AZ
“Love Royal Thai”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

This is one of our fave restaurants in the Gaslamp. The food is excellent (the honey duck is to die for) and the service is always good and accommodating. I look forward to eating here every time we go to San Diego and I am never disappointed.

Visited July 2012
Las Vegas
“Tasty food, comfortable booths, and ok service.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

Every year my wife and I eat at the Royal Thai Cuisine a few times over a July business trip. This year was no exception. I thought I would write a review and share what I know of this restaurant.

First with the food and its taste. In the many years eating at this restaurant including this July trip of 2012 the food is tasty. This particular Thai restaurant as with many Americanized Thai food stops does not have some of the rare jewels of Thai cuisine. This being said the food they do office is tasty and has a great Thai flare.

Seating is comfortable and simple at the Royal Thai. There is both indoor and outdoor seating which is outstanding due to San Diego weather. Any chance a visitor has to enjoy this weather they should take.

Service is often direct but lack luster. The restaurant is staffed by many Thai which means wonderful smiles a kind and gentle touch. Although this charm should carry any experience 100%, often I am surprised by the lack of response when requesting assistance if any challenges have occurred. This being said if you have not a single challenge while at Royal Thai you will have outstanding service. :)

Over all I will return to this restaurant as it is a fun Thai fix.

• Visited July 2012