“Great Burgers!”

Dining options: Late Night
Rosedale, NY
“Great Burgers!”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Visited this place following someone's suggestion. Not sorry we took the time to find it. Burgers were so good and the onion rings - delicious!! Not greasy at all. It was a bit crowded but were seated quickly. The waiter was very friendly and quick to bring our orders. Wish they had one in NY!

• Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Fresno, California
“OMG!!!!!!!”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My husband read somewhere that "Hodad's" was voted best burger in San Diego--I was skeptical--thought, "yeah right." We decided to have lunch there on our way out of town. As I entered a thought came to mind, "boy it sure doesn't take much to set up a restaurant.." I thought that due to the personalized license plates that adorned the walls--including the "no dumping" sign over the door above the bathroom, which I did find amusing. We were served our drinks quickly and they took our order. In the grand scheme of the costs of visiting San Diego, their burger baskets were quite reasonable. I ordered a cheeseburger with onion rings, my Husband a bacon/cheese burger with fries and our Daughter a mini bacon burger with fries. Our food came and I could not believe the size of the burger---I was trying to figure out how I would be able to get it into my grill it was so huge!!!! I took a bite and thought, "OMG---I think this may be the best burger I have ever had and that goes ditto for the onion rings." The bacon on the other two burgers were not your usual strips of bacon, but a whole sheet of bacon!!! Our Daughter finished her whole burger (which she usually does not do) and exclaimed, "thank you world---I love bacon!." For once a review/poll was correct---I do think Hodad's serves the best burgers in San Diego--maybe the best anywhere! Will definitely be going back the next time we visit.

Olympia, Washington
“How do I eat this thing!?”
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

That's what my husband said when he ordered the double cheeseburger. It was soooo huge. I had the black and blue burger. Yummy. The service was great, the atmosphere was perfect and the food was made to our satisfaction. Best burger ever. I would recommend anyone to come here at least once on their vacation.

Visited July 2013
Flushing, Michigan
“AWESOME burgers!”
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Had the Blue Jay Burger! The onions & blue cheese & bacon where amazing together! I would come back again!

Chula Vista, California
“Horrible Service, it took 35 minutes to find out our order wasn't placed.”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Hodad's has incredible food, but the service was so awful we didn't get the chance to enjoy it. My husband and I got off work an hour early and decided to have dinner at a usally great place. We sat down and the atmosphere had changed. The music was blarring a hard rock band with the vocals screaming in my ear. (The employee's were loving it) I'm pretty open to all kinds of music, but it was to the point that it was annoying. We sat down, we ordered and waited, and waited and waited. Two other tables arrived after us and were served before us. We kept watching the employees hanging out talking, laughing, trying to talk to the cashier, who was busy trying to get her work done. We were extremely patient because we had no where to go and couldn't wait for a the delicious burgers we were use to.

35 mintues later, our waiter walked out the door and down the street. We finally asked another waiter, who was very professional to check on our order. It had never been placed. The new waiter offered to place a rush order for us, but at this point we didn't even want to stay. As we left, we asked one employer who the manager on duty was and she indicated he wasn't in. Ten minutes later, I called to ask his name and they wouldn't tell me. I called the other original Hodad's in Ocean Beach who indicated that both restaurants had the same owner but different managers. I was to call back and she would let me know the manager's name. I never called back.

I will never return here again. The hamburgers are awesome at the Ocean Beach location, but this location does not have the same vibe or service. We were very dissapointed.

The employees were dressed very casual, but looked dirty. What I had hoped would have been a wonderful quick dinner turned into a great dissapointment. So, if you have dined at the Ocean Beach Hodad's and loved thier food, then stay there and wait in line, it's worth it.