“I agree with the positive comments below, plus the following”

Fish Shop Pacific Beach
Ranked #138 of 4,832 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed March 6, 2013

My personal fitness trainer brought me here for lunch this week. What a great place. Healthy eating at its convenient best! Friendly, helpful staff too. I had two fat Mahi Mahi fish tacos with avocado added. That was plenty! It beats all the other seafood fast food places I have eaten south of Pike's Place Fish Market in Seattle- at lower prices too. I will be back with friends!

Indoor or outdoor seating, parking, and a conveniet location 7 minutes west of Highway 5 on Garnet Street. Highly recommended if you are looking for a healthy meal are you driving down from LA to San Diego around noontime or anytime later, or vice versa.

There are newer reviews for Fish Shop Pacific Beach

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I had never heard of the Fish Shop (I live about 15 miles away), but met friends there for lunch. I had the divers scallop with garlic butter marinade on a salad with herb vinagrette dressing. The scallops were perfectly cooked and sweet - the best I have ever had - and a generous serving. The salad was very fresh, and the dressing was perfect. This is not a white-tablecloth place, but the $15.50 price was what I'd expect at more formal places.

Someone else said this place was unassuming, and that is right. It is not fancy, not big, and all the service is at the counter. Several of the tables are big long ones, so expect communal dining. Part of the patio is covered, some is open. I expect that parking can be a challenge as the lot was full when the restaurant was not, but there is a big shopping center lot across the street.

This is a local gem. If you like fish, do try it!

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Good food and VERY casual atmosphere. I had the mahi mahi tacos. Large portions. I was taken there by locals when visiting in January. The place was full with friends getting together for a meal and beers, as well as families with young kids.

It can be a busy place and has seating inside and on a patio. It's not unusal for there to be a line when ordering during normal meal times. You order your food at a counter and then the food is brought to your table. Many folks also order their food to go. Be prepared to wait when it's busy. The staff is small, but friendly.

Great little place. I'll return next time I'm in San Diego.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Best fish tacos you can find, fun close atmoshpere. If you like fresh fish, it is a must eat. I even bought a tshirt to help spread the word.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

They have fresh fish, i ordered their halibut with seaweed salad + rice. And my husband ordered Lobster tacos. Both were delicious. Mine was bit expensive but worth it!
If you want a little romantic, try their outdoor seating near the fireplace :D