“I love to be entertained!!”
Review of Red Spade Theater

Red Spade Theater
Ranked #192 of 452 things to do in San Diego
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Came here with my 14 year old son to see Intimate Miracles by Sebastian. The ad said 18 years old and over. I wrote and they said as long as he was quiet (to not interrupt the show) he was welcome.
I thought I had read that it was first come, first be seated but that is not true. The seats are pre-assigned (I was not told how though- date of ticket purchase, price etc...)
Only 12 guests our night. We sat in the 2nd row, center.
There are 3 rows of 8 seats. Our seats were higher than row 1, row 3 was higher than our row 2 so everyone can see.
The show was wonderful. When I go to a show, I want to be entertained! NO doubt we were!!
Sebastian does a wonderful job during his 1 hour show (5 minute intermission in the middle). He kept our attention glued to his tricks - he is very good. We all laughed and had a good time.
All outside beverages including wine from next door are welcome inside.
There is a bathroom at the back of the room and also one at the Wine restaurant next door.
Parking: We got lucky at the free parking lot 'catty corner' to the attraction. Saw $5.00 parking places elsewhere.
I would not hesitate to come see him again! My 14 year old, budding card trick magician loved him as well. He never stopped smiling the whole show!

1  Thank Momplayinghookie

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Delightful way to spend an hour. I took my 13 year old grandson, and he was WOWed, so I guess that's all you need to know....

1  Thank bobbiegailh
Reviewed November 9, 2013

We are San Diego residents. If you're non-residents, visiting the town, and want to do something a little different form the usual (beach, zoo, plays, etc), try this. Spend the afternoon in Old Town, eat at one of the several local Mexican places, then go so see Sebastian in "Intimate Miracles". Entertaining, light-hearted, and fantastic sleight of hand. It's a very small room, with only three rows of seats, each with about 8-10 chairs. We were in the 2nd row, and were maybe 6-8 feet from the action, so you are close enough to see what he is doing - or, more to the point, close enough NOT to see how the @#$& he is doing what he's doing. Really, some of the stuff is just wonderful. A talented guy, doing what he loves, and doing it well. He involves the audience, calling some people down to join him - but it's all very comfortable, and fun. The show is about 70 minutes long (this includes a 5-10 minute intermission). There's a nice little bar & seating area outside, and you can bring your drink into the performance. GO TO THIS SHOW. You won't regret it.

3  Thank ScotProf
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We saw a local Yelp deal while we were shopping in the area and needed an activity to do on a Friday night. Since the price was only 30 dollars, we had nothing to lose. The venue is small (maybe 7 seats per row, with 4 rows total) and the trick table for the magician is located at the front of the room. Next to the trick table were two chairs where he would picked from the audience for participation. The show itself consist of series of card tricks and since we sat in the front row, we saw the magic tricks right in front of our eyes. The tricks that were performed was impressive and my wife and I both wished the show would last longer. Time just flew by with his great performance. The only complain was the seats in the venue, they were not comfortable at all.

1  Thank xrage4200
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Went to this small intimate venue to see Intimate Miracles by Sebastian and loved it. Cosy and personal with a high quality show. Friendly staff too.

1  Thank JHSimpson