“How could you NOT enjoy this?”
Review of Red Spade Theater

Red Spade Theater
Ranked #181 of 435 things to do in San Diego
San Diego, CA
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“How could you NOT enjoy this?”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

We are San Diego residents. If you're non-residents, visiting the town, and want to do something a little different form the usual (beach, zoo, plays, etc), try this. Spend the afternoon in Old Town, eat at one of the several local Mexican places, then go so see Sebastian in "Intimate Miracles". Entertaining, light-hearted, and fantastic sleight of hand. It's a very small room, with only three rows of seats, each with about 8-10 chairs. We were in the 2nd row, and were maybe 6-8 feet from the action, so you are close enough to see what he is doing - or, more to the point, close enough NOT to see how the @#$& he is doing what he's doing. Really, some of the stuff is just wonderful. A talented guy, doing what he loves, and doing it well. He involves the audience, calling some people down to join him - but it's all very comfortable, and fun. The show is about 70 minutes long (this includes a 5-10 minute intermission). There's a nice little bar & seating area outside, and you can bring your drink into the performance. GO TO THIS SHOW. You won't regret it.

Visited November 2013
3 Thank ScotProf

Everett, Washington
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Great Performance in a small venue”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We saw a local Yelp deal while we were shopping in the area and needed an activity to do on a Friday night. Since the price was only 30 dollars, we had nothing to lose. The venue is small (maybe 7 seats per row, with 4 rows total) and the trick table for the magician is located at the front of the room. Next to the trick table were two chairs where he would picked from the audience for participation. The show itself consist of series of card tricks and since we sat in the front row, we saw the magic tricks right in front of our eyes. The tricks that were performed was impressive and my wife and I both wished the show would last longer. Time just flew by with his great performance. The only complain was the seats in the venue, they were not comfortable at all.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank xrage4200
Newcastle upon Tyne
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Brilliant intimate venue!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Went to this small intimate venue to see Intimate Miracles by Sebastian and loved it. Cosy and personal with a high quality show. Friendly staff too.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank JHSimpson
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Astonished!!!”
Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

Went here a while back and saw two guys perform. One guy was Doug Brewer I think the other was named Tom?

This was some of the best sleight of hand magic I have ever seen. I have been to the Magic Castle in Hollywood- and these guys were better than much of the magic I saw there. I later found out that Doug actually performs at the Magic Castle.

Not only was the magic great but the show was very entertaining. I haven't laughed like that in a long time.

I can't wait to go back. Maybe next time I will see one of the other performers.

This is a must see performance- even though the venue is slightly lack luster.

1 Thank NeverOddOrEven
San Diego, California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“When you're in the mood for something different...!”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I took my 9 yr old daughter here on a mommy-daughter date night to see Sebastian do some magic. She loved it! The Old Town location was perfect for people-watching and getting dinner prior to the show. The venue was a small, uninspiring room that looked more suitable for a boring office presentation rather than a magic show but once the lights went off it was no big deal. Sebastian was great. He was funny, the tricks were impressive, and he heavily engaged the audience. By the end of the show I think everyone there (about 20) had participated in a trick or two. The magic was primarily card tricks and although I wasn't overly wowed, I was at least entertained and my daughter was thrilled. If you're a local and are bored with the usual come here and support local talent. It made for a thoroughly enjoyable, memorable, and quirky evening. Note: if you buy your tickets online through the Red Spade website you will get choice front row seats.

Visited December 2012