“Unique Burgers & Beers!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tiolis Crazee Burger - CLOSED

Tiolis Crazee Burger
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Pittsburgh, PA
“Unique Burgers & Beers!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

Went here on vacation due to recommendation from Diners & Dumps TV Show. Had to try the Gator Burger. It was intersting, but very good. Great service, fabulous food. A bit off the beaten path but worth the journey if you crave a burger that you can't get anywhere else. Lots of unique meats on the menu!

Visited March 2013

Tennessee
“Great place to eat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

This place was nice and casual. It was great food for a great price. They had a wide variety of burgers, such as alligator and ostrich! I went for the salmon burger and highly recommend it. This was a great place to eat!

• Visited March 2013
BC
“Exotic Burgers 101”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

My sister and I were overnighting in Old Town San Diego after a three week cruise and were tired of all the fancy gourmet food. We wanted something plain and filling and tasty. We had no car so it had to be close by to the hotel. We were directed to this restaurant by the front desk clerk at our hotel and we were given discount coupons to use but since we arrived at 'happy hour' our burgers were already discounted. I took pictures of the varied menu as I found it difficult to conceive how they made some of their burgers. I have a severe red meat allergy so it was a treat for me to have more to choose from than just chicken.
Before I started writing this review, I glanced through some of the previous reviews. I agree the place is low on décor. So what! The waitress was indifferent and not paying a lot of attention to customers. So what! The price reflected a fast food restaurant with no frills. I felt I more than got full money value.
I can hardly wait until I have a reason to be in San Diego again and revisit this restaurant to try another exotic burger.

• Visited November 2012
Casper, Wyoming
“pickles were the best part”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Overall very over rated and over priced. They did not cook the burgers to the correct temperature. The sauce was bland at best. The pickles are good.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Edmonton, Canada
“Doesn't deserve to be on "Diners, Drive Inns and Dives"”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

I had researched restaraunts featured on the TV show for our trip to the San Diego area. I found Crazee Burger as one that sounded interesting. My first disappoint with this place is that it is located in Old Town San Diego. A pretentious tourist trap area if there ever was one. We frequent the San Diego area quite often and had been to Old Town before and really don't care for the area at all, there are better places to go as a tourist.

Anyway on to my review of the Crazee Burger. After our initial disappoint of realizing the location, we walked into the place at dinner time around 5:30 pm. The place was totally deserted. After waiting for about 4 minutes, the waitress? finally came out of the back and asked what she could do for us. We said we would like to order some burgers for take out. After placing our order of a Kangaroo burger and a Salmon/Crab burger we looked around the place while waiting. It was clean and presentable, but overall pretty lacklustre for decor and ambience. We were glad that we were ordering takeout.

When our order arrived it was presented to us in non-descript styrofoam boxes in a used plastic bag. We had to find our own condiments and what not. The waitress was indifferent to us being there and gave us the impression that she was doing us a favor.

But the main reason I am giving them a bad review is that the price we paid for these burgers, 1$14 a pop, we didnt even get a side dish out of the deal, like fries or something like that. Most places will give that to you.

I will say that the burger itself was very good, but we will not be back

• Visited February 2013