TripAdvisor
Search
Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Very well organised

Experienced crew who guided us very well, explained details about the species and knew exactly what... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Rebeca G
Whale watching in October

To be honest, i did not expect to see much in October. I knew going in October was questionable on... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago

from $48.00
from $125.00
from $48.00
More Info
All reviews afternoon trip marine biologist saw dolphins great trip informative commentary dolphins and sea lions hour tour crew boat nature cruise wildlife
Selected filters
Reviewed September 14, 2019

We didnt see any whales but we seen hundreds of dolphins. There were 2 pods. One of common long nose dolphins and one with common short nose dolphins. The short nose dolphins were very active, jumping, breaching and riding the waves! There were also some sea lions in the harbor. Fantastic trip!

Reviewed September 13, 2019

No whales to be seen, but the dolphin pods were amazing. Personally I felt 3 hours was a little too long, but it was nice to enjoy the breeze. I almost fell asleep on the way back. Comfortable seating, drinks and snacks available, one bathroom was out of order. Overall, it was worth it, but only because I paid Groupon prices for 8 people.

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed September 9, 2019

My wife and I went to California for adventure and boy did San Diego Whale Watch deliver! It all starts with the check in at the marina. My wife and I chose to pay a bit extra for priority boarding so we were able to board 15 minutes ahead of general admission. We grabbed a spot on the bench at the bow but keep in mind with whale watching you will do a lot of standing. The staff was very informative and extremely helpful with the logistics around the boat and while we were at sea. Ones underway our Marine Biologist took the mic and was there to introduce and tell stories about all the wild life we encountered. On our tour we saw two species of Dolphins (the Common and the Risso’s). If you’re looking for a whale watch your worth every penny I would highly recommend San Diego Whale Watch.

Reviewed September 8, 2019 via mobile

We did not see whales but many dolphins. The boat trip itself was memorable and we enjoyed it very much!

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed September 7, 2019 via mobile

We booked this trip months before and was looking forward to it. We were checked in and welcomed onboard quickly. Plenty of space to move around the ship and plenty of spare seats.

We were treated to a pod of 60+ dolphins and then another group later on both groups coming in super close.

On the return we then spotted a Bryde’s Whale.

Great trip, we enjoyed it so much we got off the boat and booked straight into the next mornings trip.

We were just as lucky the second trip.

Plenty of seabirds and mammals to see.

Great crew onboard and off the boat.
Vanessa was very friendly and enthusiastic which helped make the trip so much more exciting !!

Would love to return again just to book into the boat.