“Awesome Customer Service by Alex”

Quality Inn San Diego Downtown North
Ranked #195 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
“Awesome Customer Service by Alex”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We had girls night in SD for my friends bday and check in was very easy, the room was ok size for 3 girls. It was within walking distance to the local liquor store so we could pre game before hitting the clubs and only a few mins of driving from the club we went to. The next morning we checked out, and since I was so tired I accidentally forgot ID and credit card in the room and didn't realize it until I got home!!! So I called the hotel and Alex was working and found my items in the lost and found. He was kind of enough to go out of his way and mail my stuff back to me the next morning!! I'd just like to say thank you so much for being honest and going out of your way to help me out. I'd definitely stay here again just knowing the kind of employees this hotel has. Thanks again Alex, you're the best!!!

Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Turkish first
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This hotel was pretty good. Great location. Very friendly staff. Beautiful on the inside courtyard area, but lots of minus. Yes, there is no parking for any of the guests. You can try your luck and park on the street OR pay $12 across from the hotel. The rooms are tiny. The bathroom was very clean, but closet size. The continental breakfast had no milk. Your choices are all from Costco: muffins, juice boxes, instant oatmeal, bagels you have to cut open with a plastic knife and warm bottle water. I even watched 2 people walk from off the street, walk into where the breakfast is, and helped themselves to the breakfast. You can tell they were not hotel guests. I will never stay at this hotel ever again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Susan J

Travelers are raving about these San Diego hotels

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Staff is fantastic! Bobby was so helpful and by far one of the nicest people I've ever dealt with when staying at a hotel.. literally made my stay even better by a long shot. Great location and very clean. Ice cold ac and very quiet neoghbors. No loud people or anything. Overall... Great Place and amazing staff! Very clean!! Will stay here again -beau

• Stayed June 2013
Reviewed May 29, 2013

There is no parking for hotel guests. The two options given were $12 to park in a lot across the street or park on the street. The room was tiny and barely fit a full bed. upon entering the room there is a walkway with a bathroom on the left and a "kitchen" (sink, microwave, and mirror) on the right. it was so small the blow dryer was on the wall next to the microwave. The bed was hard and lumpy and walls were paper thin. I could hear every person who passed our room and everything from the two rooms on either side of me. Luckily my daughter is a heavier sleeper than I am or she would have had a lot of questions. I was ready to leave.

Room Tip: look for hotels outside of downtown San Diego.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MayMayWare
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 25, 2013

This hotel is really well located, a short walk from downtown and 15 minutes walk to the zoo. It has a nice central courtyard and the staff on the desk are great. Breakfast was good and there were a lot of cereal bars etc you could take away if you were in a rush to get a start on your day. The rooms were small but clean. We would stay here again.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We picked this place because we wanted to be close to downtown/gaslamp and didn't want to pay an arm and leg for it. Firstly yes there is no parking lot for the hotel, but we had no problem parking in the pay lot across the street or on the street meters, which are free after 6pm and on Sunday. Secondly I see a lot of people whining about the airplanes flying overhead. I didn't have any problems with this issue. You can hear them during the day but it's not that loud nor did it bother me at night considering there are no flights coming in past 10pm really. The staff brought up extra towels when we requested them and called cabs for us. it was about a 6 dollar cab ride to gaslamp. I will be staying here again next time I come to San Diego. You can't beat the price in the location.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Valerie S
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

For an inn this hotel was very impressive , little walk from gas lamp area . The rooms were nice enough and very clean . Little fitness suite and guest laundry which were very handy . Good selection of breakfast options which I enjoyed . Friendly staff . Nice garden in the center court yard which was a nice touch .

• Stayed May 2013