“Dr. Mohan R. Wani”

Quality Inn San Diego Downtown North
Ranked #196 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed October 10, 2011

I had very happy stay here. The hotel is very close to convention center, downtown and trolly/train station. The most important thing is that this hotel was very clean and hygienic. The manger and his team were very co-operative and helpful. The rates are reasonable and has all the facilities including TV/cable, hot water, AC, refrigerator, microwave oven, tea/coffee maker, study table and chairs, tub bath/shower. The break fast was very nice and healthy. The market street was on walking distance.

Room Tip: All rooms are good. Higher floor has balcony.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed August 25, 2011

All of the staff here are friendly and helpful. Alex was particularly helpful. He went out of his way to sort out a problem we had (Thank you so much Alex!) The rooms and all other areas are clean and well-kept. The breakfast was decent. It's in a good location. This place is good value for the money. My husband and I are returning guests...we stayed here the previous summer. We will probably stay here next summer as well.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Anonymous T
Reviewed August 8, 2011

The hotel is clean, attractive, comfortable and the staff are great. The location is close to everywhere I needed to be. There is NO HOTEL PARKING except on the street at meters and meters are off from 6PM to 8AM. Our problem was airplanes are very low at this point in the landing process. They stop landing at midnight. Until then, you will hear them every 5 to 10 minutes. Good luck with that.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Trackstars
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Depending on what's important to you in a hotel, I would NEVER recommanded this hotel to anyone ! I travel a lot (10 times a year) and I've been to lots of hotel and saw crapy rooms. If it was only that, I would't take the time to write a review. Let me explain. First of all, the customer service at this hotel is terrible ! We've asked to change room, it took 2 days ! We ask for an extra blanket, they had none and told us we had one on our bed !! You just feel like they don't care about you or your confort. I would also say that it's a cheap hotel, therefore, lots of young adult who party every night, are drunk at the hotel's entrance and made lots of noises until 3 AM everynight !!! Horrible, we couldn't sleep. For the room. it's standard, really really small, and not confortable with cold water ! The only cool thing is the flat screen TV, and it's not that clean.... And forget about the breakfast, it's disgusting. Don't go there, in San diego, I'm sure you could fine something better for the same price.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank Nelsonblanca083
Reviewed July 4, 2011

Have stayed at this property three times this year - and I have been amazed each time.
It has a beautiful courtyard full of palm trees and ferns. The rooms are European sized and nice - very clean

It is a 20min walk or a $6 cab ride to the Convention Center or downtown activities. It's a hidden treasure - great place.

B Murphy
Fredericksburg, Tx

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank bkm2774
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I feel bad about saying this but this hotel is really average to low. The service wasn't bad, and the room wasn't really terrible. It was overpriced but really that's more our fault since it was a spontaneous trip and all hotels were booked solid and only the high dollar hotels had rooms.

The good:
- Hotel room was clean and the staff was friendly.
- It was available.

The bad:
-It was expensive, but that had to do with the weekend. Still, not worth it.
-The room was small. It was a studio but really small.
-The mattress was cheap and worn out.
-The bathroom was clean(+) but the toilet plunger chain kept falling off. Not a big deal for me, but I know other people who would freak out. It was one night and I let the guy at the front know, not a big problem.
-The a/c unit is loud...LOUD. I like it because it helps me sleep but not my wife.
-No parking garage, so you park on the street. Not a huge thing, at least you don't have to pay for it. But good luck finding a spot.

So in all, if you got it for 50 bucks, not a bad deal. I got it for twice that because of room availability in the Downtown area, and the receptionist was surprised I even got it for that.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Dalex916
Reviewed March 5, 2011

We enjoyed our stay at the Inn in the small but clean rooms. The staff and front desk folks were helpful and friendly. The mini fridge,light breakfast & coutyard were nice perks. The Sunday we checked out my husband left his cell phone in the room. With a call back to the front desk the phone was retrieved from the room. On Monday general manager, Neal Singh fefdexed it to Wisconsin. Tuesday the phone was back in my husband's pocket. Excellent customer service.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business