I read a lot of the reviews on this hotel, and honestly I became a little worried. However, we were really pleased with our stay and we didn't notice a sign (see other reviews). Anyway, most of the reviews are accurate but let me rundown the pro's and cons.
1) Location, location, location - enjoy beautiful sunsets from your room, it sits just across from the surfing area for the beach, and it is lovely. Also, it's on the strip of newport ave which is full of shops, bars and restaurants for easy dining and fun.
2) Friendly hotel staff, - they were all really nice, accommodating and pleasant.
3) Clean - everything was clean and in order, overall very nice.
4) Patio / Balcony - I think each room had one of these, but ours was spectacular.
1) Thin walls - you could pretty much hear everyone around you at all times. Annoying but not a deal breaker for us
2) Outside noise - there were planes flying overhead about every 30 mins during the day, but high enough as to not be really more than a conversation interruption. Also, there are hippies, they like singing and playing guitar, I found it a comical serenade rather than a bother.
3) Small Rooms - for us it wasn't a problem, but think European style hotel rooms. If you're trying to squeeze a family of four into a room, good luck but you might end up killing eachother. For us as a couple, it was more than fine.
I recommend for couples, young people (or young at heart) and others looking to spend a little time in the room, but enjoy the scenery instead.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Ocean Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Beach San Diego
- Hotel Ocean Beach