“OB Hotel is the best!”
Review of Ocean Beach Hotel

Ocean Beach Hotel
Ranked #162 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Me and my family stayed at the OB Hotel in may and it was so beautiful. We rented the family condo, I was very pleased with ths room and the awesome view of the ocean that is five feet away. The staff at the could not have been any nicer and they are very proffecinal.we even got to meet the owner Brad, needless to say this is where I will stay when I am in OB.

• Stayed: May 2012

Reviewed June 24, 2012

Loved this cute hotel!!! Location was so key!! Beach, restaurants, beach!! I want to go back every weekend! It was a quick trip but loved staying there! Thanks so much!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Vega1973
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Location, location, location....We have been staying at the OB Hotel for the past 10 years and enjoy each stay. The staff is available to respond to any request and the accomodations are perfect for being 20 steps from having your toes in the sand.We just stayed there last weekend and I can't wait to go back with our dogs.

Room Tip: You want a room in the front of the hotel facing the beach or the main road.
1  Thank Cherryl P
Reviewed June 21, 2012

This little beachfront hotel has an awesome location! Just wanted to get away for the night, and were pleasantly surprised when we arrived to see it was right across from the beach and so inexpensive. The front desk staff was so nice and tried give us a free upgrade, but all the balcony rooms were booked. Instead we got a room on the 3rd floor with an awesome view of the ocean. The hotel is clean and a great little place to get away for the night, we will be back!

Reviewed June 20, 2012

My boyfriend and I, along with another couple stayed recently and absolutely loved the OB Hotel! Great location, about 2 steps from the beach and just a few more steps to tons of great restaurants, shops and bars. Staff is nice, rooms are clean, quaint and the price was right - what more can you ask for? We also enjoyed relaxing out in the courtyard area, which is really beautiful and looks out onto the beach! It was a great experience and we all look forward to coming back very soon!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lisa b
Reviewed June 20, 2012

OB Hotel made my trip a wonderful experience it has a beautiful court yard and when you side in the court yard you could see the ocean and it was fantastic and you could walk to shop places to eat. Just wish I could of stay longer the rooms were simple and very clean. I went with my daughter and we enjoy it every much. We also met the owner who was very friendly. I can't wait to go back! We had a courtside room downstairs so when you walk out of the room you would see the ocean. I think it is a really great place to stay. Can't wait to go back!!!!!! Can" say enough about the place good price a nice small hotel staff friendly ...........

Room Tip: I like the courtside rooms downstairs because you just walk out of your room and you are in the cour...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I want to state that this is our first trip to Cali and we did not know what to expect but we got much more than we would have thought from this boutique hotel. It is chic, peaceful, and right near the action yet not a sound was heard in the evening. Located right next to the pier and convenient to all restaurants and the beach we had an amazing time! My wife and I and friends and relatives went and stayed for one week and we couldn't have asked for a more relaxing stay.
The staff was what you would expect from a Westin 4 star in NYC (yes we have stayed there extensively) and the rooms were very modern with air conditioning and great views (ocean side balconies). We would definitely stay again and want to say thank you to the entire staff from the manager on down and we loved the Woody parked out front!

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view for larger rooms with balconies. The non balcony courtside rooms are not as b...