“Great price, Friendly Service, Amazing Location, and a Perfect Ocean View!”
Review of Ocean Beach Hotel

Ocean Beach Hotel
Ranked #159 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed May 3, 2012

If you are looking for a nice little romantic getaway, this is your place. Not only did I get a AAA discount, but I got a nice quaint little room right on the beach for around $130 on a Saturday night! I live in Huntington Beach so it takes a lot for me to be impressed with a location, but if you are going to San Diego, this is the place! I know I will be coming back and am already planning on going back for my gf's Bday this summer.

Tons of bars and restaurants within a block, a great view of the beach and pier, free parking, a nice little courtyard to have a drink and watch the sunset. I was very happy with Ocean Beach Hotel. Walk across the street to lay out on the beach, or walk a few blocks to Pizza Port (the best pizza Ive had in Cali). This place is really your best bang for it's buck! The only "complaint" I have which is an overstatement, is that I looked into extending my stay another day by staying Sunday night, but the price was the exact same as Saturday night. I guess thats just the rate for a beachfront hotel.

Stay here for a romantic weekend or to meet up and party with friends. Even a mini mart with a ton of craft beers right down the street, so you can even enjoy some local SD brews while watching the sunset at the hotel.

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms are a little more expensive, but we were pleased with our courtyard room and check...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 30, 2012

Great location for this hotel we had a great view of the ocean from our window. The staff was very nice. We planned on staying just one night, but we had such a good time we decided that next morning to stay another night. There where many different bars and reaturants nearby which where just as delightful as the hotel. We will definetly be back as well as telling our friends and family about this spot.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 27, 2012 via mobile

We just loved our stay at the hotel, the staff was great and the rooms memorable. I would reccomend this as a great getaway destination.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Ocean Beach Hotel is truly in the thick of it if you're hanging out in Ocean Beach. There are a variety of rooms to choose from. I tend to travel with my dog when I get away for pleasure and Ocean Beach Hotel has plenty of pet friendly rooms. Unfortunately, the nicer rooms with the ocean view are NOT pet friendly, but hey, you are staying at an ocean-front property so it's not that big of a deal. The rooms are pretty basic so again, if you're looking for a "lap-of-luxury" hotel, you might want to stay at a Four Seasons. The hotel is situated at the end of Newport Ave which is pretty much the main drag. Plenty of food and bars are walking distance from the hotel. If you're interested in Dog Beach, it's just a few blocks away. The staff are super friendly, helpful and make your stay very comfortable. The only reason I don't give this hotel an "excellent" rating is because the surroundings are very noisy. I love laying in bed with the patio door open, listening to the sound of the ocean but you really won't get that til about 3am after the bars have closed and the noisy bar-going people are passed out in bed (or on the beach). That is the price you pay for being in the heart of the ocean-beach action. Aside from that, this place is truly a gem and I can't wait to come back for another weekend away.

Room Tip: If you're traveling with a pet, choose the patio rooms. You'll be able to see the ocean fro...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Rich H
Reviewed April 24, 2012

We live in San Diego, but every once in awhile we like to vacation at the OB Hotel as its right on the beach and is a great deal. We also like to be able to walk to nearby restaurants and shops. There is a long pier nearby where you go for a late night stroll. Ocean Beach is a hidden gem, most of our San Diego friends don't know about it.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SDJeff
Reviewed April 24, 2012

We love going to the ocean and being able to take our 2 dogs, Ocean Beach Hotel is allways our hotel of choice when we go to SanDiego, it is allways clean has a very pretty court yard and you are just across the street from the beach. we will definately return when ever possible.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 17, 2012

upon arrival, the hotel looks like any other. Until you step into the ourtyard and it opens up to a beautiful oceanfront view. What a great hidden find! Will be returning!

• Stayed: February 2012