Motel 6 San Diego Downtown
$209
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 39% below average rates

The price you found is 39% lower than this hotel's average rate of $341/night.

Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$279
$202
$170
  • Pool
La Jolla Cove Hotel & Suites(La Jolla)
$199
$194
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $224/night.

Bahia Resort Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$209
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $235/night.

$229
  • Beachfront
$326
  • Pool
Blue Sea Beach Hotel(San Diego)
$279
$262
Official Site
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $291/night.

$217
$161
Orbitz.com
  • Room Service
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$290
$229
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $283/night.

All reviewsbring your own shampoowalking distancegaslamp quarterbus stoplaundry facilitiesbasic hotelminute walkflat screen tvwater frontbed was comfortablecorner roomwi finice roomlocation is greatthe gas lamp districthairdryersd
Reviewed November 28, 2012

This not your typical Motel 6. It's inside a refurbished four story building in an urban setting. The decor is kind of "spartan/modern". The rooms and public areas were very clean and the staff was friendly; even allowing me to check-in at 11am, when I just wanted to park my car. The rooms are new with modern, funky fixtures. It's just the bed that was somewhat hard.

The location is what makes it a value... safe walking distance to the Gaslmap, Convention Center and harbor. It's also only a few blocks from a green line trolly stop.

One of the many great things about San Diego is the many decent, relatively inexspensive motels that are walking distance to so many great attractions. You can add this Motel 6 to the list.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank travelinlife4me
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I must confess that I was a little bit worried after I read some 'not so good' reviews about this place but decided to give it a try because of the reasonable prices and location. Thankfully I did not give up this place. When I arrrived I couldn't have a better reception! Patiance, the lady in the front desk was really helpful and friendly! Check-in was pretty quick and smooth. Motel was clean and the room was nice and comfortable. Would be better if there was a safe in the bedroom though. Location is very good: Little Italy and the Gaslamp District are within walking distance and you can walk to two trolley stations: Civic Center (blue and orange lines) and Little Italy (green line). All in all, it is a very good place to stay while in San Diego. Would definetily stay there again!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank TonyFontes2009
Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed here now 2 times and there's plenty more to come. The ladies at the front desk REALLY take care of you. U can't beat the location. It's a minute from Horton Plaza, Little Italy, a few minutes from Hillcrest, Sea World, & I-5 north and south are so convenient to hop on. For this price, this location, if you come to SD, I HIGHLY recommend this motel 6.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Sergiola310
Reviewed August 25, 2012

This is a modestly priced motel in a good location and predictably this is not a great spot. The lobby and hallways are weary and institutional and smell intensely. The rooms are small but nice though not well cleaned. I wont stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank CMaineNY
Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this property one night. I did feel like I was in a clinic when I first entered the room. The location and value of the motel was unbeatable. I thought the bed was comfortable and the A/C worked great.
But the room was not cleaned properly in my opinion. Dirty black foot prints on the floor worn stained towels and a dead roach was not expected when I checked in(see pics). The bathroom was clean and the sink area was the same. I am unsure if I will stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012