“very nice place to stay”

Motel 6 San Diego Downtown
Ranked #204 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I must confess that I was a little bit worried after I read some 'not so good' reviews about this place but decided to give it a try because of the reasonable prices and location. Thankfully I did not give up this place. When I arrrived I couldn't have a better reception! Patiance, the lady in the front desk was really helpful and friendly! Check-in was pretty quick and smooth. Motel was clean and the room was nice and comfortable. Would be better if there was a safe in the bedroom though. Location is very good: Little Italy and the Gaslamp District are within walking distance and you can walk to two trolley stations: Civic Center (blue and orange lines) and Little Italy (green line). All in all, it is a very good place to stay while in San Diego. Would definetily stay there again!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank TonyFontes2009

Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed here now 2 times and there's plenty more to come. The ladies at the front desk REALLY take care of you. U can't beat the location. It's a minute from Horton Plaza, Little Italy, a few minutes from Hillcrest, Sea World, & I-5 north and south are so convenient to hop on. For this price, this location, if you come to SD, I HIGHLY recommend this motel 6.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Sergiola310
Reviewed August 25, 2012

This is a modestly priced motel in a good location and predictably this is not a great spot. The lobby and hallways are weary and institutional and smell intensely. The rooms are small but nice though not well cleaned. I wont stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank CMaineNY
Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this property one night. I did feel like I was in a clinic when I first entered the room. The location and value of the motel was unbeatable. I thought the bed was comfortable and the A/C worked great.
But the room was not cleaned properly in my opinion. Dirty black foot prints on the floor worn stained towels and a dead roach was not expected when I checked in(see pics). The bathroom was clean and the sink area was the same. I am unsure if I will stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank JoeDavisPhotography
Reviewed June 26, 2012

The headline says it all. Very reasonably priced, extremely clean, and friendly, helpful management and staff. There are numerous other more expensive hotels in the downtown SD area which, in my opinion, are a lesser value (and I have stayed at several of M6's competitors in downtown SD). If you are high maintenance, or want to have Leona personally put a chocolate on your pillow: stay somewhere else. If you want a great deal with attentive service and clean lodgings, look no further.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Ross B
Reviewed May 13, 2012

large motel with very small chambers which are for a dog too small
the chamber was this way small that you but 10 inches near the wall
no frigidaire
view against a wall
very noisy between the rooms
no internet no breakfast
for this value ....don't , there a better

Room Tip: parking for free but watch how you park because they hit our car
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ronloris
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I had stayed in this Motel 6 two or three times before and liked it quite a bit so I was extremely disappointed this time. The first room I was given had an unresponsive air conditioning unit, a bathtub that didn't drain well, and a bed without a blanket. At 3 a.m. I went down to the front desk to ask for a blanket and was told there were none left. So up I went to freeze for several hours underneath a thin bedspread in a fairly stuffy room. The bed was hard - felt like I was sleeping on the floor. I hated the "upgrade" with diner-like seats near the bed, the closet behind the TV screen, etc. The next day I was allowed to transfer to another room and was given two blankets so at least they tried to improve the situation. The second room had the same hard bed, the blankets were so thin they didn't keep me warm at night, and in this room there was almost no water pressure for the shower/bathroom sink. I was also a bit surprised that a small box of tissues wasn't provided - perhaps they should advertise that they provide a tiny bar of soap and that's it. So I'm not inclined to stay at this Motel 6 again. In their favor the area felt safe enough and the staff was pleasant and friendly.

Room Tip: Fourth floor back hall was relatively quiet but street noise was a bit too noticeable - bring ear pl...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business