“It's my 2nd time here, their will be a 3rd and on and on.. U can't beat the location.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 San Diego Downtown

Motel 6 San Diego Downtown
Ranked #180 of 281 Hotels in San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed here now 2 times and there's plenty more to come. The ladies at the front desk REALLY take care of you. U can't beat the location. It's a minute from Horton Plaza, Little Italy, a few minutes from Hillcrest, Sea World, & I-5 north and south are so convenient to hop on. For this price, this location, if you come to SD, I HIGHLY recommend this motel 6.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Sergiola310

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

This is a modestly priced motel in a good location and predictably this is not a great spot. The lobby and hallways are weary and institutional and smell intensely. The rooms are small but nice though not well cleaned. I wont stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank CMaineNY

Travelers are raving about these San Diego hotels

Oceanside, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this property one night. I did feel like I was in a clinic when I first entered the room. The location and value of the motel was unbeatable. I thought the bed was comfortable and the A/C worked great.
But the room was not cleaned properly in my opinion. Dirty black foot prints on the floor worn stained towels and a dead roach was not expected when I checked in(see pics). The bathroom was clean and the sink area was the same. I am unsure if I will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank TheUglyPhotographer
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

The headline says it all. Very reasonably priced, extremely clean, and friendly, helpful management and staff. There are numerous other more expensive hotels in the downtown SD area which, in my opinion, are a lesser value (and I have stayed at several of M6's competitors in downtown SD). If you are high maintenance, or want to have Leona personally put a chocolate on your pillow: stay somewhere else. If you want a great deal with attentive service and clean lodgings, look no further.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Ross B
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

large motel with very small chambers which are for a dog too small
the chamber was this way small that you but 10 inches near the wall
no frigidaire
view against a wall
very noisy between the rooms
no internet no breakfast
for this value ....don't , there a better

Room Tip: parking for free but watch how you park because they hit our car
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ronloris
Berkeley
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

I had stayed in this Motel 6 two or three times before and liked it quite a bit so I was extremely disappointed this time. The first room I was given had an unresponsive air conditioning unit, a bathtub that didn't drain well, and a bed without a blanket. At 3 a.m. I went down to the front desk to ask for a blanket and was told there were none left. So up I went to freeze for several hours underneath a thin bedspread in a fairly stuffy room. The bed was hard - felt like I was sleeping on the floor. I hated the "upgrade" with diner-like seats near the bed, the closet behind the TV screen, etc. The next day I was allowed to transfer to another room and was given two blankets so at least they tried to improve the situation. The second room had the same hard bed, the blankets were so thin they didn't keep me warm at night, and in this room there was almost no water pressure for the shower/bathroom sink. I was also a bit surprised that a small box of tissues wasn't provided - perhaps they should advertise that they provide a tiny bar of soap and that's it. So I'm not inclined to stay at this Motel 6 again. In their favor the area felt safe enough and the staff was pleasant and friendly.

Room Tip: Fourth floor back hall was relatively quiet but street noise was a bit too noticeable - bring ear pl...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Kavena
Guadalajara, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I had the disabled room, which meant an enormous bathroom. Although in terms of attractivenenss the bathroom left a bit to be desired, it was very clean.On the second night I stayed I had a problem with the tv - the fix-it person was there literally as soon as I had put the phone down to report the problem, and he fixed it immediately. All of the staff were extremely helpful. The location was fantastic, like maybe 7 mins. walk to the Gaslamp although there's also a bus stop right outside. There was some noise from other guests once or twice, but nothing major at all. Mostly the place was very quiet. If I had a bigger budget I would stay at a swankier place, but I didn't and what I did get was value for money here. There are street people everywhere in San Diego, including about a block away from the hotel, but I never at any time felt any kind of threat from anyuone, exactly the opposite. I live in Mexico and felt extremely safe at all times in SD. Wolud come back here.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo