“No complaints here”

Heritage Inn San Diego Near Sea World
Ranked #233 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights while we visited sea world which is 2 minutes away in the car .The hotel rooms are clean and modern and the staff were all so helpful to us in our stay .Absolute no complaints in any way , the hot tub was great and a nice pool ...

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ian186534
laurencebergin768, General Manager at Heritage Inn San Diego Near Sea World, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

We always appreciate the positive comments left by our valued guests. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff went above and beyond in terms of service. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

There are newer reviews for Heritage Inn San Diego Near Sea World

Reviewed June 10, 2013

All we needed was a room. A room for us and a dog, at the last minute. This place had that available for just $10 more than their average rate. The place was clean, and although the "nonsmoking room" had a distinct cigarette odor and ash trays in the room, it was perfect for our after midnight arrival following 12 hours on the road with our tired American Bulldog. Convenient and friendly. Close to the highway with good access to Dog Beach not too far down the road. The pet area was clean but could have had some grass, my pooch seems partial to lawn to do his business :)

Room Tip: Parking stalls are narrow, lot is small
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

My sincere thanks for taking the time to write a review of our property. Your feedback is very much appreciated and I apologize for the fact that your non-smoking room had a cigarette odor. We try to do our best for all our guests, but sometimes we fail. We are working on this issue to ensure that all our non-smoking rooms remain free of cigarette odors. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Thank You.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

This place is ok being remodeled as we speak ! Be careful of steps they still need work. Rooms smell a little stale bring Lysol and you will be ok. Frig but no microwave.it is an ok Inn not to little or to much.Ice machine need an up grade and the elevator could use some tlc. But all in al a last minute ok place with an ok price. Perfect if ur going to sea world close enough to take a break drop off grandma n sleeping baby n back to park.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
laurencebergin768, General Manager at Heritage Inn San Diego Near Sea World, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our property. As you noted we have remodeled a number of rooms in one of the buildings and we plan on further upgrades in other areas of the hotel. We will continue making improvements to ensure our guests have a pleasant stay with us. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Laurence Bergin
619-223-9500
lbergin@heritagehotelgroup.com

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I looked at the 20 year old pictures they used and booked a room with the romance package to include roses, champagne and chocolates. Got to the "Motel", this is most certainly NOT a Hotel! First indications of this is a bad idea was the bullet proof glass at the check in at 8:00 pm. Then when told there is free danishes and coffee in the morning and told one or two pastries allowed each, second hint. Walking up the stairs and the carpet was worse than pathetic, they should remove the worn smelly crap and leave the concrete. Open the door the the room and it smelled of bug spray. Maybe this is a good thing, i didn't see any bugs. The carpet was worn out and smelled. Box TV and got maybe 10 channels. The blanket on the bed, had to be 10 years old and had see through spots it was so thin. We called to see if we could get a different blanket and were told "we have a clean one, come on down and get it". I guess i should be happy they had a "clean" one to give us (so they said). Shower head leaked, hair dryer inoperable. Oh, don't take the elevator, the trash bins are stored over there.
Check out time, asked if the vase goes with the flowers, it does not. A $2 vase and you have to leave it there?? I do not recommend this hotel at all! I could have paid another $20 i think and stayed at a decent place.

Room Tip: Stay away!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DAVID F
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel every summer for 20 years!! We have never had a problem with anyone and yes I agree some of the motel patrons do look scary but that is normal for San Diego. You cannot beat this hotel for what you get and the price you pay. The pool is clean, the rooms are older but also clean and they have a great TV, refrigerator, ironing board, coffee maker and free muffins and coffee in the lobby every morning. The front desk staff are always very polite and helpful, they treat us like family when we return every year. We always request the same row of rooms and they always oblige us. I would never stay anywhere else, this hotel is in a perfect location to everything!! Love this place and can't wait to go back this summer!!

Room Tip: If you want a quieter room, don't get one by the pool. That is where we stay and we are not quie...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
laurencebergin768, General Manager at Heritage Inn San Diego Near Sea World, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your pleasant experience with our hotel. We are always pleased to hear from our guests especially when we have succeeded in making their stay enjoyable. It is our goal to provide our guests with the best service possible. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to San Diego.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

saw the pictures on the internet and quickly realized they must have been taken 30 years ago as nothing has been maintained in probably that long. Pool is closed as a health hazard, the far end of the hotel is fenced off as they said they are remodeling but I didn't see one person renovating it in the week I stayed there. There are holes in the carpet, stains on the lamp shades and all of the other guests looked to be homeless. I would have changed rooms but I got too sick to move, had to go to the hospital. The rate is good but remember you get what you pay for. The night shift girl, Tina, has to be the rudest person I have ever encountered. She needs to go work for the DMV, but I doubt they would even hire her. I have never seen such a dirty and disgusting place in my life. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

Room Tip: Moved to the Mission Valley Resort and for the same value our room is 100 times better.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Johnny L
Reviewed February 19, 2013

First, let me say what the Heritage Inn does right: It has friendly, helpful desk staff, clean sheets, and a clean bathroom. Unfortunately, that's not quite enough. The room interiors are better than the outside, which is poorly maintained. The black carpeting in the corridors was so stained, frayed, and distasteful that I almost felt I could catch something from it. The room smelled musty, and the wi-fi did not work well, even when I was moved to another room. Staying here was not a pleasant experience. I don't expect three-star amenities at a budget motel, but I do expect a basic standard. If you're in a pinch, you could stay here overnight, but you'd be better off to spend a few dollars more and get a better place.

Room Tip: If you depend on wi-fi, ask for a room close to a hotspot.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family