“Shhh! Don't tell anyone...This place is the real deal!!”

The Original Sab-E-Lee
Ranked #737 of 4,832 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed October 30, 2011

I am lucky enough to live in the neighborhood! Sab E Lee serves the best Thai food in the area! They only have a couple of tables so if you like, order or pickup. They take cash only but really this is the only thing that is a complaint. The prices are right! I am a huge fan of the papaya salad, pad thai, panang, and the crab fried rice! Oh yeah, if you can get the mango sticky rice you won't be sorry. After woofing down the meal I repeatedly rave about how lucky I am to know this place. Totally awesome and easy on the wallet!

There are newer reviews for The Original Sab-E-Lee

Reviewed August 29, 2011

This was my first visit to this restaurant--do not let the location or the size of the place fool you. It is a small place with only a few tables, but very cozy. Located on a corner along with several other establishments--so plenty of parking, (there is also parking in the back)

We had the Pork Larb and the Fried Rice. The portions were generous and plenty to share for the two of us. If you visit their site you can find an on-line menu. The food was favorable but could have been a little more spicy for my taste. They do ask how spicy you like the dish, so be careful, you can always add heat but can not take it out!

I would not make a special trip to eat here, but would stop in if I was in the area. Don't get me wrong, the food was good just not my preference.

2  Thank Monica L