“Amazing food, horrible service...”
Review of China Fun

China Fun
Ranked #2,600 of 4,773 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Chinese
“Amazing food, horrible service...”
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Possibly the best Chinese food I've ever had but the woman behind the counter, worst customer service ever. I realize that her English was weak but she totally understood me and just didn't want to accommodate my order.

If you decide to go here, don't plan on deviating at all from the menu or substituting any item. That includes if you don't mind paying extra for a substitution. They make you order an entire separate entree. For example, if you want noodles instead of rice, you're buying a whole other entree.

Like I mentioned, food was amazing but service was undesirable.

Julian
“quick service, healthy food, and delicious!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

China Fun Authentic Noodle House has been our most frequent choice for lunch in the Carmel Mountain area of San Diego for many years. The staff is like family, most have been there since we first tried them, and the food is cooked to order, as you watch... Chinese is spoken, usually Mandarin, if you want to practice. It isn't fancy, but the menu is extensive, there are always lunch specials with imaginative smaller portions, worth trying. Favorites for us? Wor Wonton Soup with noodles on a cold day, Singapore curry noodles with everything (order it spicy), any of the fired noodle dishes, and sometimes even soft shell crab.. We usually try to miss the lunch rush with a later lunch...

• Visited January 2013
Fullerton, California
“Definitely not run-of-the-mill!”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

China Fun Authentic Noodle House is not one of the typical China buffets or cafeterias that are so prevalent these days. Although they seem to do a brisk take-out business, this is an unpretentious table service restaurant in a shopping center in the Carmel Mountain area of San Diego. They feature fresh, cooked to order dishes specializing in, as the name would imply, a wide variety of noodles, both stir-fried and in soups.

I was particularly pleased that they offered chow fun, which features the flat fettuccine-like noodles that aren’t available at most local Chinese restaurants. My chicken chow fun was excellent. I felt that my meal was an excellent value, and I plan to return the next time I’m in this part of San Diego.

• Visited September 2012
Birmingham, Alabama
“Fantastic Food! Never miss a chance to eat there!”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

When my sister first took me to China Fun my initial thought was "This looks like a typical fast food family owned restaurant." I was wrong. Their fried rice is to die for! I absolutely Love their orange chicken. My mouth begins to water before we pull into the parking lot! You can never go wrong. My brother in-law loves ahi tuna. If you call ahead a couple of hours and let them know you'd like ahi when you come in they'll make sure they have it. You'll never go wrong eating here.

• Visited June 2012